Chapter Twenty Seven: Home

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov ━━━━━━┓

I found a guy. He held my hand in the dark and made me feel things I never thought were real. He called me beautiful and held me so close I could heart his heart beat meaning he loved me. But the second I figure out what love was, he pushed me away. He pushed me so far away he left me.

Was there something wrong with me? Was I just not enough? Did I deserve to get my heart broken? I stared at the bottom bunk of the bed not wanting to get up. I didn't want to face the others and see pity in their eyes.

If it was so easy for him to leave, it had to be easy for me to forget him. I had to forget what we were and so almost. That we were so close to being in love, but now we were an almost. We were never mean't for each other. The saddest part was saying goodbye to someone I had wished I could spend my life with.

The moral of the story is no matter how much we try and no matter how much we wanted it, not all stories get a happy ending. I rubbed my eyes feeling how swollen they were from crying so much. I'm better off without him. I swung my legs over the bed and wiped my eyes of crust, wanting to somehow start off the day right.

I'm better off without him.

I combed my hair freeing the tangles before walking downstairs and seeing everyone look at something on the floor. I opened my mouth about to ask what had happened, but saw Glenn with chalk in his hand and using it to sketch something on the group.

" Now you said you found Tyreese's group here ?" Glenn asked, pointing to a section of the map.

Carl nodded his head," Yeah."

" We secured this."

" He thought he came through here," Carl said, crouching down and pointed to the chalk map.

" Means there's another breach." I said bending down to get a better look at the sketch and ignore the stares," The whole front of the prison is unsecured. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

" Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth asked staring Glenn down." Maybe you scared him off."

" He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming." Michonne said, and I nodded, remembering the room I had found her in before I stabbed the Governor.

" We should hit him now." Glenn declared, but I frowned at his hostility.

" What ?"

"He won't be expecting it." He furthered explained." We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head."

" We're not assassins," Carol said, staring at him like a maniac.

Glenn ignored him and went straight to Michonne and I." You know where his apartment is. You and I could end this tonight. I'll do it myself." Glenn said, and slowly Michonne nodded." Okay."

" He didn't know you were coming last time, and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured-"

" Let's not say his name." I asked taking a deep breath.

His name hurts. It hurts to hear. It hurts to think. It just hurts. Several eyes were on me, but I looked to Glenn nodding my head to Hershel.

" And you and Maggie were almost executed."

" You can't stop me."

" My Dad would never allow this," I said, seeing Glenn glare over to me.

" You really think he's in any position to make that choice ?"