Chapter Sixty Five: Not Tomorrow yet

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's pov ━━━━━━┓

" And we can work with the Hilltop."

I stood in the church with the other members of Alexandria hearing my father's words on how we were going to attack the Saviors. My anger boiled a bit when it came to the attack. They're being cocky. My father, mother, and husband. They wanted to run into the heart of danger rather then dealing with what was around us. I might of been the reckless type, but even myself knew this was too damn dangerous.

" Maggie hammered out a deal." Dad reassured scanning over to room." We're getting food, eggs, butter, vegetables, but they're just not giving it away. These saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, Abraham."

I couldn't help, but to shift in my seat uncomfortable by the statement. If those Saviors did get them, everything would be different now. I would of been the single mother to a little boy and unborn baby. I would of had to dealt with Carl losing his eyes alone and went to check ups with Denise alone. Daryl moved his hand onto my thigh giving it a squeezed and I smile placing my hand over his needing my man.

" Now, sooner or later, they've would of found us. Just like those wolves did." Dad added." Just like Jesus did. They would've killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get. That we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it'd how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

All was silent in the church. As much as I had a big mouth and didn't care what people had to say, I kept my mouth shut wanting to speak one on one with Dad, Mom, and Daryl about my issues. I of all people didn't want to challenge Dad' authority in front of a group. Just when I thought everyone would do the same, Morgan Jones stood up from his seat clearing his throat.

" You're sure we can do it ?" He asked looking up from his feet." We can beat them ?"

Dad nodded," What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us, yes. I'm sure."

" Then all we have to do is just tell them that."

" Well, they don't compromise." Mom argued placing his hand on her hips and standing up from her seat behind Dad.

" This isn't a compromise. It's a choice you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us."

" We try and talk to these Saviors, our safety. No."
Dad said shaking his head." We have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive."

" Where there's life, there's possibility."

" Of them hitting us !" Dad exclaimed.

" We're not trapped in this." Morgan stated looking around the room to each people." None of you are trapped in this."

" Morgan." Mom called narrowing her eyes at him." They always come back."

" Come back when they're dead, too." He muttered.

" Yeah." Dad agreed" But we'll stop them. We have before."