Chapter Twenty Five: Made To Suffer

┏━━━━━━ Kayla's Pov ━━━━━━┓

Woodbury was quiet in the night sky but looked dangerous already. We waited a couple of minutes watching the lights shine right by us and I could tell by now the place was heavily guarded, and getting in and out was going to be the biggest challenge of my life. Dad looked around everywhere to see the people's faces.

" You don't see her?" I asked.

I knew the minute we find Jennifer, if we found her, he will fall for her. I didn't know how I felt about her yet. If she was alive, I had multiple questions asking why she was never there for me. He slowly nodded his head a bit disappointed when I heard footsteps and turned, seeing Michonne got up and left.

" Hey. Hey! Damn it !" Dad cursed reaching out for his pistol." Alright, we need to downsize."

" Ain't no way we're gonna check in all them buildings, not with all them guards there," Daryl explained, looking up to see the guard just miss us with the lights. I heard a twig snap and pointed my gun with the others seeing Michonne nod her head towards the woods.

" Come on," I said, getting up carefully and following the women to a little hole in Woodbury. I walked in carefully and looked around to see it was a pantry.

" This is where you were held ?" I asked, looking around to see the place was pretty average.

" I was questioned." She corrected and looked out the window.

" Anywhere else they could be?" Dad asked, seeing the women nodded and moved out of the way so Dad could see.

" Maybe in the dungeon far away." She said, pointing to an abandoned building." Little people know about it."

" The Governor is keeping them away from the people," I said, figuring it out.

She nodded when someone knocked on the door. We all gasped feeling stuck when Daryl grabbed me quickly, and we both hid behind a curtain. My heart pounded in my chest hearing the door slowly open and the footsteps echo inside.

" I know you're in here. I saw you outside." A man said, walking into the house and closing the door.

Daryl stared down at me, our chest pressed against each other to fit behind the curtain without being scene. I opened my mouth, but he quickly placed his finger over his mouth needing me to keep quiet. I nodded my head closing my eyes when the man footsteps had grown closer to us.

"All right, now. You're not supposed to be in here and you know it. Who's in here?" The man said, when he gasped being taken down.

Daryl and I frowned to one another when he pulled the curtain away from us showing Dad had tackled the man into the wall stopping him from coming any closer.

" Shut up, get on your knees." Dad demanded, aiming his gun at the man and throwing him on the ground." Do you know where are people are ?"

" No." The frightened man answered, scared for his dear life.

" Do you know where Jennifer Anderson is ?" I asked, seeing the man frown at me from knowing a familiar face.

" She's outside, making sure the seniors get in their houses." He answered, and I nodded, knocking him out with the end of my gun.

" Damn." Michonne and Oscar said not used to the things that I do.

I raced to the window peering over the blinds to see if I caught a glimpse of her, but saw a group of men heading down to some house using a back way tunnel. My hand moved to the door knob when someone swatted it away.