Chapter Sixty Nine: The Day Will Come When You Won't be

Kayla's pov

" Oh, look at that. Takin it like a champ !"

Abraham Ford. The redhead Marine, Abraham Ford, was the victim to Negan's beating. My eyes widen, not believing it to be the man until the barbed wired bat came striking on his skull, splitting it in half. I sob escaped my mouth, remembering just earlier in the day with him. He helped save me from running after Daryl and risking my life.

" Abraham." I choked, but not even I could hear my own voice.

He was persistent in having a new life and meeting the little hardass growing in me, but none of that would happen now. To my surprise, the strong marine pulled himself back up to his knees, looking at Negan directly in the eyes. Blood dripped down the side of his face, and I gasped in fright at the indent the bat had inflicted onto his skull. Luke cried in my arms, and I looked down, seeing he stared wide-eyed at the marine.

" Don't look," I whispered, shielding his eyes again.

Abraham pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes right at Negan, pulling the last one-liner I would ever hear come out of him.

" Suck... my... nuts."

Negan groaned loudly, wielding the bat down to Abraham's skull and knocking him to the ground again. Another yelp escaped my mouth, and I forced myself to look away, feeling nauseous to my stomach. My arms trembled, and I looked down at the little boy in my arms, wanting to run far from this place.

Abraham's head started to squelch, and I flinched, knowing the man was never coming back to us. Negan butchered someone in a way I thought would never be possible. Our group was crying at the brutal loss all around me, but the one closest to me was Sasha Williams. She was trembling with tears rushing down her beautiful skin in pain.

Her nails dug into her jeans, and she kept shaking her head, not wanting to see anything. I turned away and cringed at the sounds of Abraham's skull and brain mash together. Luke continued to cry into my chest, and I could only imagine the horrors the little four-year-old was hearing. Then, I made the biggest mistake in my entire life.

I looked up to Abraham's figure, and my eyes grew wide at the sight of nothing. Abraham did not have a head. In fact, he was unrecognizable under the mashup of brains, blood, and skull. Then I couldn't breathe. I felt my lungs close up on me, and I was dry heaving at the sight in front of us.

" Did you hear that?" Negan chuckled, taking a few steps from Abraham's bloody body." He said, Suck my nuts. Phew."

Again, Negan went back in, and this time, I didn't hear a crack of a skull, but the actual gravel. With Negan's bat, Abraham's head was beaten a couple of more times while the psychopath laughed, swinging the bloody bat around.

" Oh, my goodness! Look at this!" Negan taunted, swinging his bat.

My cheek felt hot, and I frowned at the new feeling that soaked it. Reaching forward, I swiped a glob of it off and looked at my hand in horror to see it was red—Abraham's blood. If I wasn't trembling before, I definitely was now. I lowered my hand and stared at the dirt in front of me, losing focus on what was around me.

I started getting sharp pains in my back but ignored it, knowing it came from my sprinting. It was needed. Even when I didn't stop Daryl in time, I had to at least place some effort. Abraham came by my side, but I didn't look at him.

" You stopped me."

" You can hate me all you want, but I'm looking forward to seeing that little baby's smile." He spoke, and I turned to see he was already looking down at me." You are the bravest person I met, and I know you can make it out there, but at what cost. You need to let the others do the heavy lifting and even after you deliver this baby because you will be a mother that two children need."