3a | far from home

summary: you and peter sit next to each other on the plane to europe and grow a friendship

requested? nooooooooope

warnings: no spoilers YET, be aware for future parts of this imagine though, uhh kinda cute, idk what else

+ + +

sighing, you slide you backpack underneath the seat in front of you, flopping back onto your chair and leaning your head onto the window. 

you had just boarded the airplane for your school trip to europe, and much to you and your best friend, mj's, dismay, you had been separated. you lift your head, peering across the aisle to meet eyes with the girl, the both of you frowning at each other. a boy suddenly steps between the two of you, blocking your sight. your gaze lifts to scan the boy. 

that boy happened to be peter parker. 

peter parker was one of those people that you knew but never really grew close to. he was more of an acquaintance, rather than a friend. although, you will admit, you couldn't help but find him attractive. his looks and personality were almost magnetic sometimes, drawing your attention. it shocked you that nobody really noticed him- he seemed way too attractive to be deemed to the world as a nerd. if anything, him geeking out over star wars and being intelligent was only more attractive in your eyes.  

you discretely watched as he shuffled across the row into the middle seat next to you, setting his bag down before giving you a quick glance. your eyes widened as he caught you staring at him and you gave him a small smile, brushing it off. 

"hey." he greeted quietly, sucking in a breath before pulling out his headphones from his pocket. you secretly noted his headphone adapter- fit for two people.

you nodded at him, deciding to grab your harry potter book from your bag- despite having read the series multiple times already, you couldn't stop. 

"is that harry potter?"

you look up to the brown eyes gazing at you, peter's head tilted.

"yeah, it's one of my favorites. can't stop rereading it," you laugh, looking down at the pages. 

"i love harry potter! but, star wars is better." he says, lifting his eyebrows and shrugging. your mouth fell agape.

"oh my god. while star wars is good, it could never come close to harry potter!" you retorted exasperatedly. 

peter shook his head, groaning as he lay his head back on his seat, a small smile on his lips. you scoff. 

"you know what?" you ask after a moment. 

peter lifts his head to look at you.

"let's have a movie marathon. we watch one harry potter movie, then one star wars movie, and keep going back and forth until the end of the flight. then we can decide."

"sounds good to me," peter says, nodding his head as he connects his headphones to the adapter you had noticed earlier. "prepare to die."

you smile as you grab your headphones and plug them into the adapter, watching as peter pulls up the screen and begins searching up the movies. a rumble echoes through the plane as you begin moving, increasing speed along the runway. you smile out the window before looking over at peter, who suddenly looks pale. 

"peter, are you okay-"

"can i hold your hand?"

your eyes widen.

"what?"

the plane rumbles again.

"sorry- i just- taking off makes me nervous, holding someone's hand usually helps, but-"

way to go, peter, you figured out exactly how to make my heart melt.

you nod, eyebrows furrowed worriedly. you reach out to peter's hand and intertwine your fingers, letting him squeeze on your hand. a small wince escapes your mouth, but thankfully, peter doesn't hear it. 

jesus, is he superman? how is he so strong? 

before you know it, you're in the air, peter's tight grip loosening as he pulls his hand away, your hand becoming cold at the loss of contact. 

the boy pulls up harry potter and the sorcerer's stone and the movie begins. after a few minutes, you lean in slightly to get a better view of the screen and feel peter's body shift towards you. your breath catches in your throat when the edges of your hands touch each other's and you're frozen as neither of you pulls away. 

+ + +

hey folks sorry that was kinda short but i'm splitting this one up into parts :) next one should be up pretty soon depending on how fast i write lollllll