9 | fancy-schmancy

summary: you and peter sneak out of a fancy charity event your father, tony stark, was holding :)))))))

requested? f*ck no, baby (i really hope you sang that in your head)

warnings: pretty darn cliche, a few cuss words, puppy love 

+ + +

"nat?" you call, fumbling desperately with the zipper at the back of your dress. 

"yeah?" your friend calls, stepping into your room. the woman wore a sleek black dress, looking flawless as always. "poor baby stark, let me help you."

you laugh at natasha's baby voice as she walks over, zipping up your dress and spinning you around. 

"peter's gonna drool when he sees you."

your face immediately bursts into color, eyes widening as you gulp before giving natasha a light shove, trying to hide your growing smile. 

"shut up, you don't have to keep pretending that he likes me back," you mutter, fiddling with your fingers. 

tony stark, also known as your father, was hosting an event to fund-raise for some charity you'd never heard of, and all the avengers were required to go. including you and peter. 

you first met peter during the fight between iron man and captain america, the two of you teaming up to take down falcon and the winter soldier. you had grown a small admiration for the boy there, laughing at his comments and how much he talked while fighting. when you saw him in the tower without his mask on for the first time, you couldn't move. the two of you stood there, seeing each other's identity under the mask for the first time, unaware of the weird look tony was giving you two. ever since then, you'd always kept an eye on peter, hyper-aware of his every movement while you were in the room. 

what you didn't know was that peter became completely and utterly infatuated the first time he saw you, as well. when his mind wasn't on school or spider-man, he was thinking about you, talking to his AI, karen, about how he should ask you out. of course, karen teased him about it constantly, telling peter suggestively that "y/n is always at the tower if you would like to go talk to her!"

"but he does like you." wanda says, walking into the room. 

although natasha and wanda were multiple years older than you, the three of you became close very quickly, teaming up against the fatal amount of testosterone in the tower. 

your blush deepened. 

you couldn't help but hope that they were right. you were in a beautiful f/c (favorite color) dress, the flowy fabric just barely hitting the floor. to be honest, you felt good about how you looked. it wasn't often that you got all done up, but when you did, your confidence grew. 

"hey! slow-pokes! you ready?" tony yells, poking his head through your door, mouth falling slightly agape when he saw you. "look at my daughter. you look amazing, honey. where'd you get that dress?"

"pepper bought it for me." you answer, nodding at your dad. (tell my wHY i typed the word DOG first instead of DAD omfg)

tony nods. "peter's gonna love it." he blurts with a smirk before quickly walking away. you hear a laugh escaping his lips down the hallway, making you groan. 

"i'm gonna go, now." you say, giving the girls a quick wave and making your way out of your room, trying your best to walk gracefully in your heels. 

you walk down the stairs and into the main part of the building, the large amount of wealthy, well-dressed adults in the venue making you anxious. shaking yourself off, you make your way into the large room, looking around for anyone you knew. you turn, eyes darting all over the place before you bump into someone, the person grabbing your arms to steady you.