3e | far from home

summary: you and peter reunite and this is the end of the imagine! i don't wanna give away too much and i'm terrible at these summaries lmao i tried

warnings: same as usual- SPOILERS, disclaimer on 3b- far from home

+ + +

you stand next to ned and mj on the tour bus, the three of you looking around as you feel a small rumble beneath you.

"think peter'll come?" you ask, fiddling with your fingers- a nervous habit.

"sure hope so," ned replied. 

the past 24 hours have been the most stressful of your life. peter still hadn't returned, making it obvious to you that something had gone wrong. you, ned, and mj (you had asked peter if you could tell her before he left; he approved because he trusted mj) did some research on mysterio- ned's hacking skills proving incredibly useful- and found out information about him. his real name was quentin beck, and he's a former illusion specialist, fired from stark industries a few years back. from this information, the three of you deduced that he likely had a grudge against tony, and since peter was tony's successor, this would make him a target. 

the biggest problem was that you had no idea where peter was, or even if he was alive. the very thought of him being dead made you sick to your stomach; despite only becoming good friends a little over a week ago, the two of you had grown so close so fast that he meant a lot to you, never mind the fact that you had a crush on him.

a giant whoosh sent through the air, everyone on the bus turning around to see a new one of the monsters.

"it's not real," mj reassured, looking back at you and ned. "we know it's not real."

"sure feels real." you mutter, and the three of you take off down the stairs of the bus to the first floor, evacuating onto the street with everyone else. your group took off away from the monster, but you, ned, mj, betty, and flash lost the group along the way. 

"flash, get the hell off of live right now," you seethed, smacking his arm.

"but i have over three thousand viewers right now!"

mj grabbed the phone out of his hand, shutting it down before shoving it back at him as a large man runs towards the group.

"hi, i'm happy, i work with spider-man, i'm gonna need you to-" the man yells quickly, beginning to gesture towards a jet before flash cuts him off.

"you work for spider-man?!" flash asks excitedly. you shove him lightly, highly annoyed with the boy. especially now that you know peter is spider-man, it's almost funny that flash thinks so highly of the hero and the opposite of peter when they're the same person.

"no, i work with him, not-" he begins before the jet explodes in the distance. "okay, new plan!" he shouts, taking off as we follow him to a building. 

you look back for a second, watching as the monster begins to break apart, showing a figure inside the projection hopping from drone to drone.

peter. 

a warm feeling of relief blooms in your chest as the group enters the building, walking through the exhibits. a boom fills the room and you see a drone fly in. your breath hitches as you and mj spin around, hiding against the wall as the unhappy man called happy shuts the doors, locking the drone away from the group. you watch as mj's gaze shifts over to some spiky weapon on one of the exhibits. 

a small smile grows on your face as you watch your best friend carefully remove the weapon, holding it in her hands, ready to attack. you slowly pull an umbrella from your bag- definitely not as useful, but it's something, right?

suddenly, the doors fly open, the drone zooming in as mj swings and hits the drone, causing it to fall and break. everyone lets out a sigh and you high five your best friend, laughing until you think of peter. 

"i need to go find pete," you mutter to ned and mj before grabbing the weapon from her hands, taking off out of the building and to the bridge where drones lay suspended by webs, the illusion completely gone. you slow to a walk, eyes darting all over the place. you catch a blur of red and black and speed up, finding peter, limping with wounds all over his body. 

his chocolate eyes meet yours and you drop the weapon, running towards him and throwing your arms around his neck. 

"are you okay?" you ask against his shoulder, holding his body to you with all your might.

"yeah, i'm fine," he mutters, hand gripping your hair. "is everyone else okay?"

"everyone's fine," you reply, pulling back and looking at him, dropping your arms from his body. you wait a moment, taking him in. unable to hold it in any longer, you explode, words flying out of your mouth. "what did he do to you? i mean, he's a pyscopath! we looked him up and he's like this ex-worker for tony, so obviously he would've gone for you, which is so stupid of him, why couldn't he have just visited a therapist rather than try to kill you-"

your words are cut off by peter smashing his lips against yours, hands on your cheeks, quickly pulling away before you get the chance to kiss back. you stand there, looking at him, his eyes desperate, and pull him to you. you reconnect your lips, slower this time, hands wrapping around his neck and into his curls as his hands meet your waist, pulling your body closer to him. peter tilts his head, deepening the kiss before the two of you pull apart, foreheads touching as you gasp for air.

"wow," you whisper, letting out a small laugh. 

"yeah," he mutters back, a crooked smile displayed on his lips. "i... i know we haven't really known each other for that long, but i really like you."

your face breaks into a grin as you wrap one of his curls around your finger. 

"i really like you too."

+ + +

that's it for this imagine!! wow this took a bit to write but i'm honestly impressed with myself that i did it this quickly lol

i hope you guys enjoyed it, i have some good ideas for the next imagines so STAY TUNED!!