14 | let me show you (blurb)

^^ work of art! these are the pants peter wears in the imagine btw heheh

summary: peter helps you frost a cake in the avengers' kitchen at midnight and it turns into a food fight in which your father, tony stark, catches the two of you mid-fight. 

warnings: none

+ + +

"Peter!" you yell, a groan falling from your lips as you look down at the mess of a cake you've made. 

Peter runs in, clad in Hello Kitty pajama pants and hair in a curly mess. "Yeah?"

You turn around, breath hitching as you see the boy's outfit. You bust out into laughter. "Where did you find those pants? And why don't you have on a shirt?"

"Oh! I, uh," he mutters, looking down at himself, cheeks red. "I was sleeping, but then you called my name and..."

"Sorry." you wince, turning to hide your flusteredness at the sight of him half-naked. 

"So, uh, what'd you need?" Pete asks, walking over to you. 

It was midnight at the Avengers Compound and you had been trying to make a cake for fun. It didn't end up being too fun though, as the layers began falling apart as soon as you tried to ice it. 

"Help." you muttered, stepping out of the way for the boy to see the mess you'd made.

"Oh." he mouths, a small grin tugging on his lips as he steps next to you, looking down at the cake. You give him a slap on the arm, making him wince. "Hey! Anyways, you're doing it all wrong."

"What?"

"There's a certain way to frost cakes, Y/N, you have to- you know what, just let me show you." the boy sighs, stepping behind you. 

Your breath hitches as Peter slightly presses against you, wrapping his arms around you, grabbing your wrists carefully. 

"Peter, what are you doing?" you nervously laugh, watching as he wriggles your arms around in the air playfully. 

"I'm teaching you how to frost a cake!" he says, innocence wrapped around his voice. 

"Odd way to do it." you mumble. 

The boy moves your hand, making you pick up the knife and dip it into the frosting container. He then moves it to the cake, carefully beginning to frost it together with a soft yet cheeky smile, resting his chin on your shoulder. 

"How are you doing that?" you whisper. 

"I don't know," Peter shrugs. Before you knew it, the cake was all in once piece, completely iced. "See? Not that difficult."

"You're the one who did it!"

"All I did was show you how! It was your hands!" the boy retorts. 

You don't respond, just stand there and look down at the cake, a small smile on your face. With a surge of confidence, Peter tilts his head down slightly, giving the crook of your neck a light kiss before pulling away, stepping out from behind you. You turn around, giving him a weird look. 

"What was that for?"

Peter shrugs and makes a "I don't know" noise. You groan. 

"Why do you have to look so innocent all the time, Pete?" you ask, glancing at the cake.

The boy furrows his brows. "What do you mean?"

You shrug, smirking slightly. "You know what I mean,"

With that, you reach over, digging your hand into the cake and launching a piece at him. It lands right in the middle of his bare chest, beginning to slide down slowly. Peter gasps, mouth agape as he looks down at the mess on his chest and then back up to you. 

"Oh, it's so on." Peter laughs, running forward and grabbing some cake, throwing it at you. 

The two of you make quite the amount of noise, running around the kitchen and throwing cake at each other, occasionally slipping on the food now covering the floor. Your pajamas were completely trashed, covered in cake bits and frosting. Peter would frequently run a finger across some of the cake on his chest, licking it off and humming contentedly. 

"Despite the fact that we completely and utterly ruined it, it still is a good cake." Peter comments. 

You stood there, face, body, and hair covered in cake, smiling at the boy. 

"Why thank you." you nod, wiping some off your cheek and sticking it in your mouth, humming in agreement. 

Peter's breath catches as he looks at you before reaching out a finger. 

"You just got some, uh-"

He wipes a little off of your cheek, making you both blush furiously, thankful for the remaining frosting covering your face. You watch with wide eyes as Peter sticks his finger in his mouth, eating off the cake that was just on your cheek. 

"Peter!" you gape, "Gross!"

"What? You wash your face, I've seen you do it!"

"Yeah, but that's not an excuse to eat cake right off of my face!"

"It's not like I straight-up licked your cheek, Y/N-"

"You what?" your father asks, stepping into the kitchen with a furious look on his face. You jump.

"Dad! Hi-" 

"Mr. Stark!" Peter gasps, spinning around to look at the man. Tony raises an eyebrow at the boy. "Oh! No, I didn't lick your daughter, sir, I..."

You purse your lips to fight back a smile. Your dad looks at Peter before moving his gaze to you, nodding knowingly. 

"Clean this up." he orders before leaving the room, winking at you, making you huff quietly. 

Peter turns to you, wide eyed. "You know, it didn't taste any worse since it came off your face-"

"Peter!"

+ + +

inspired by an episode of new girl :)