16a | how about a kiss, saumensch?

HOLY CRAP 2K VIEWS THIS IS INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE YOU

summary: when peter sees you reading The Book Thief and talking about it afterwards, your love for it makes him want to read it. so, he does, and he decides to follow in the steps of Rudy Steiner, asking for a kiss at every chance he gets

warnings: lots of german cussing lmaoooo, The Book Thief spoilers, probably won't mean as much to you if you haven't read the book :/ and if you haven't read it YOU SHOULD!

a/n: every time that there's a + + + means another scenario. it's all in chronological order, it's just kinda mini imagines all in one giant imagine, i guess lol

+ + +

"How about a kiss, Saumensch?" 

You gasp, whipping your head around to see Peter standing behind you with a shit-eating grin on his face. 

"You read The Book Thief?!" you ask, eyes shining brightly. 

Peter awkwardly shrugs. "Well, yeah, I- uh, you kept talking about how much you loved it, so I thought I might as well read it."

"Wasn't it so good?" you ask, closing your book and standing from the couch in the Avengers common room, walking over to your best friend. 

You were the daughter of Tony Stark. You had known the Avengers for several years, and even were one yourself. When your dad recruited Peter, the two of you quickly became best friends, easily understanding each other due to your similar age. The two of you were quick to fall into the best-friends-to-crushes cliche, finding each other more and more magnetic every time you saw each other. 

"It was really good." the boy nods. 

You smile, overcome by emotions through Peter's actions and pull him into a hug, softly wrapping your arms around the boy. 

You had always had a love for books, even when you were really young. You taught yourself how to read and kept with it, always searching for more books to read. So, knowing that, Peter reading a book just because you loved it made your heart warm, and your crush for him grow only stronger. 

You deeply inhale, taking in the scent of the boy's cologne. The thought of Peter's actions, and the meaning behind those five words he spoke to you truly made you melt, a small tear running down your cheek at the overflowing emotions you felt. 

"'The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy who loves you.'" you mutter, words muffled by the soft fabric of Peter's blue sweater. That was one of your favorite quotes from the book. 

"What?" Peter asks. 

He wasn't entirely sure why he asked. He had heard what you said. The words flew straight from your mouth and into his chest, entering his heart and pulling at the strings. The words conflicted Peter. He knew he loved you, he had known ever since you ranted to him about how beautifully crafted a sentence was from one of your favorite books. The boy was purely infatuated with you. He related to Rudy Steiner from The Book Thief and felt almost hopeless about his feelings, but something about the way Liesel had always felt for Rudy gave him a twinge of hope. 

And so he decided that he would follow in the steps of Rudy Steiner and pray that he wouldn't have to face the same fate as the boy with hair the color of lemons.

+ + +

You whip around the wall, panting as you look over at Peter. 

"If I go and combat fight a few of them while you web the rest of them up, I think we'll be able to get through." you whisper, carefully peeking around the wall to look at the HYDRA agents.