11 | competitive

700 VIEWS??? Y'ALL ARE INSANE I LOVE YOU

this gif ^^^^ doesn't have anything to do with the imagine i'm just in love with it so

summary: you and peter have had an interesting relationship due to the fact that you're both competing for being number one in your class. but, over time, a small, unexpected romance grows out of the rivalry. (this is a bad summary i'm sorry i tried)

requested? do i even bother anymore i think we all know by now that it's a no

warnings: like one (1) cuss word, REALLY FLUFFY ENDING DWLJSLF

+ + +

"parker!" you shout as you walk out of your physics class. the boy's head turns at you as he swings open his locker, eyebrows raised. you reach him, leaning on the locker next to his. "what'd you get on the calc test?"

"a hundred." he replies, a smug yet innocent smile painted on his face. 

you didn't understand how peter parker could be so cocky and innocent at the same time. as much as you denied it, if it weren't for you two's ongoing rivalry, the boy's soft expressions would have you in a puddle every time you saw him. luckily for you, you were quick to remind yourself of the competition each moment you made contact with his chocolate eyes. 

a groan falls from your lips as you lean your head on the locker behind you.

"what? did you not get a hundred?" he cocks his head. 

"i did. the bad part is that you did, too."

"sorry, y/n." he shrugs as the two of you began to walk to government together. "why do you still care so much anyways? it's not like it's gonna ruin your life if you're barely behind me."

"i've dreamed of being valedictorian my entire life, peter. i need it if i want to be able to pick what college i want to go to. plus, it's not like i have an internship with tony stark on my resume."

peter's face burned at your words. he'd wanted to stop the rivalry for a while now, as he had began to grow a crush on you. his heart would speed up every time you smirked at him after answering a question right in class. roses would bloom on his cheeks whenever he saw you in the library, curled up on the same couch you'd always go to when you studied. he would frequently subconsciously look for you when he entered a room, disappointment filling him if you weren't there. it took ned bringing it up for him to finally realize his feelings for you, and he slowly became increasingly more awkward every time the two of you would talk. 

you barely noticed how his snarky comebacks began to worsen; you were focused solely on becoming valedictorian and ignoring how your heart would speed up every time the boy smiled. 

the two of you entered your government class and you greeted your teacher, mrs. smith. you absolutely loved her; she would always joke around with you and she was young enough to recognize all the references you made, frequently finishing the vine for you when you called out the beginnings of one. (a/n: i had a teacher like this last year and i love and miss her so much :/ thank u for coming to my ted talk)

little did you know, mrs. smith had not only caught onto the rivalry between you and peter, but she had noticed how you both would react at each other's actions. she and the rest of your teachers had a bet on when the two of you would finally loosen up and get together (she put down fifty bucks for peter to kiss you in the hallway during a heated moment). 

you sat at your seat, setting your bag down as you glanced up at peter, who was sitting just one row and two seats away from you. 

"the answer is c." peter answered; the class was going over the homework from last night.