8 | over-protective peter (blurb)

i wanted to find a certain gif from ffh for this imagine but couldn't find it anywhere (and have no idea how to make a gif) so enjoy this completely unrelated gif of this absolute BEAN making my heart EXPLODE :)

summary: when flash harasses you in the hallway, peter steps in and gets maybe a bit too angry...

requested? surprise.... no!

warnings: light sexual harassment, cussing, protective petey

+ + +

a frustrated groan falls from your lips as you fumble with your textbooks, trying to grab the ones you needed for your next classes from your locker. you finally switch them out, letting out a sigh as you reach for the locker door, beginning to swing it shut when you feel a sting on your butt. 

you jump, gasping and almost dropping your books as you whip around to see flash thompson and his annoying friends laughing and howling at the gesture flash just made. you open your mouth to yell at the boy but are stopped when someone steps in and launches their fist at flash, socking them straight in the jaw. 

your eyes widen and you look up to see peter parker, panting with his back to you, standing over a fetus-positioned flash. 

"don't you ever touch her again," peter spits, turning around to see your wide eyes. you see his expression soften slightly before he huffs, carefully grabbing your wrist and pulling you away from the crowd. 

"pete, you didn't have to-"

"he's such a fucking dick," he says lowly as the two of you exit the school. "no one should ever touch anyone like that, much less you."

as soon as the words "much less you" fall from his lips, you stop in your tracks.

"much less me?" 

you and peter had been best friends for a few years, and as much as you hated the cliche, you had grown a crush on him. how could you not? he was this beautiful, dorky, sweet boy who cared so deeply about everything that matter to him even in the slightest. and while you knew he would defend you, crushing or not, a large part of you hoped that maybe, just maybe, his biggest motivation for protecting you was because he liked you too. 

peter stopped walking and turned, looking down at you. 

"well... y-yeah," he stutters, his anger slowly dissipating. "you're my best friend, y/n."

you couldn't tell if the words stung or warmed you. 

"and... i like you," he added quietly. 

you moved your gaze from the concrete beneath you to the boy's deep eyes as he shifted nervously. 

"i-i like you too." you choke out, a smile tugging at each of your lips. 

neither of you say anything else, resuming your walk to peter's apartment through the streets of new york. you feel peter's hand brush against yours, something that used to make you pull away in fear of exposing your special liking for the boy. but, instead, peter pulls your hand closer, intertwining your fingers. you sigh contentedly, leaning your head on his shoulder. peter begins swinging your arms childishly, a laugh bubbling out of your throat. 

"you are such a dork, peter."

"you know you love me."

+ + +

so, essentially, this was just a flipped version of the last imagine. oops!