32 | valentines and pick up lines

THANK YOU @ritxal FOR THE IDEA I LOVE YOU BAE

summary: sometimes, having to do mj's job for her can work out in the best ways. especially when it's valentine's day and a certain local hero has an errand to make. 

warnings: some cussing, maybe sloppy writing bc i'm tired lol, cheesy fanfic unrealisticness

+ + +

Never had ordinary stores and bodegas bothered you so much. The colors red and pink began to symbolize anger and loneliness for you. All you wanted was for February 15th to come so you could buy half-priced candy and fill your stomach with it to your heart's content. You scrunched your eyes as you walked into the grocery store where MJ worked to avoid to sensory overload of balloons and flowers. 

"Happy Singles Awareness Day!" MJ yelled, leaning over the glass counter and craning her neck to look at you. 

"Why are you so happy?"

"Because! It's free chocolate time," she smirks. 

You smile and walk over to the counter, jumping up and sitting on the glass like you normally do. 

This was routine. Every night at 8pm, you and MJ would hang out at her job at Delmar's, which seldom had customers at this hour. The two of you would talk and eat junk food, which you never payed for. MJ said she'd take it out of her paycheck. 

She never did. 

The bell rung as the door swung open and you quickly jumped behind the counter and ducked, pulling the chocolates down with you, only to be dragged back up by MJ. 

"I need to replace all the shit we stole," she whispers, holding you by the shirt, "ring them up if I'm not back in time."

And like that, she's off.

"MJ!" you groan, sighing as you grab an extra apron and swing it over your head. 

You lean over the counter and dip your head, exhaling through your mouth and watching as your stray hairs take the blow. 

"Long day?"

You lift your head and the wind gets knocked out of you. 

The figure in red and blue tilts his head at you. "No valentine?"

You finally catch your breath. "Bingo... so, what's Spider-Man doing at Delmar's at eight o'clock at night?"

"Eh, you know," he shrugs his shoulders and walks towards you. You smile at how high his voice is. "can't beat a good sandwich and some chocolate with the stars."

"That is facts," you nod. He sets his things on the counter- a small teddy bear and a box of chocolates. 

"No printer."

Your jaw drops and you raise your eyebrows at the large white eyes. "Well, now I know that Spider-Man is a member of Gen Z. As if I couldn't already tell from the voice."

He recoils. "Ouch!"

"Sorry," you smile. "it's cute, anyways."

The white eyes blow up, wide and covering at least a third of his face. 

Oops.

"Are you gonna check me out?"

"Oh," you breathe, eyes widening slightly. "quite forward, aren't you, Spider-Man? Only known each other for, what, all of three minutes?"