56 | english lit meet-cute (blurb)

a/n: hi it's past midnight and it was peter's birthday yesterday and i have a bunch of requests to do but i REALLY wanted to get something out for the bby's bday so HERE'S THIS

summary: all it takes is an awkward mishap and some confidence to finally get you and the boy you keep seeing around campus together.

warnings: I WROTE THIS IN LIKE FIFTEEN MINUTES IT'S BARELY EDITED OH AND THERES LIGHT CUSSING

+ + +

you keep bumping into him. everywhere.

the boy from your english literature class keeps showing up every place you look. he's in the library, drool coming out of his mouth as he lays conked out on the table in a hoodie with notes and a laptop scattered around him. he's at the university coffee shop, laughing with his friend about something nerdy as he waits for his latte. he's sitting across the aisle from you during class right now, eyes darting over to you every once and a while as you furiously type notes and write in your planner.

and your lonely ass cannot stop thinking about him. especially as he keeps stealing glances at you.

he watches as you raise your hand, answering the question your professor gave with quick wit and intelligence. when you finish speaking you look over, meeting eyes and giving him a small smile.

his eyes are chocolate, as is his soul. sweet.

and the boy takes it upon himself to answer the next question, looking over to your for approval upon his finishing sentence, a grin on his face. lord help me.

class ends and you pack your things. your face is hot. so is he.

as you walk out the door, you bump into the boy. classic.

"shit," you blurt. he catches you by the waist and you look up, face burning even more than before. "oh, how appropriate."

you watch as his eyebrows furrow and he tilts his head. "huh?"

"i, um... it's nothing. i'm y/n l/n, sorry for walking into you."

"i'm peter parker, nice to meet you. and as long as it's you, i don't mind if you walk into me," he says, realizing his hands are still on your waist and awkwardly pulling them away, shoving them into his pockets.

smooth yet awkward. you mentally nickname him oxymoron, although peter parker is a very cute name (for a very cute boy).

"did you maybe want to go get coffee?" you ask. fuck it, right?

"wait, really?" he asks, surprised. the pretty girl i keep seeing everywhere asking me out to coffee? hell yeah! "yes, yeah, totally, that sounds great! i mean, cool... uh."

you smile, bumping peter with your elbow before walking out of the building, the boy by your side as the two of you walk through the brisk fall air of new york in search of liquid goodness. finally.

+ + +

this blurb is sponsored by my daydreams. and fleetwood mac for providing quality music for me to listen to as i stress type on my phone !

also not my tumblr getting flagged for LITERALLY NO REASON urgh. working on fixing that. 

anyways how r u guys!!! thank u all for being so so patient with me as i gloriously stumble through life and barely give y'all any content omfg
- i keep making promises i can't keep and i'm SO SORRY but on the bright side i'm making hella progress on my independent book so YAY?

go treat urself today <3