17a | take your things and go

summary: you and peter have a love-hate relationship that makes some advances when the two of you land in a close situation

warnings: mild cussing, a FFH reference that doesn't really spoil anything, fluff/angst

+ + +

"Come in!" you yell, eyes still glued to the piece of tech your dad, Tony Stark, had given you to repair. 

The lab door swings open, Peter Parker walking in with lips pursed and a hard expression on his face. You don't look up. 

The boy stands at the door frame, gently leaning against it. He clears his throat. 

You look up and make eye contact with Peter, immediately closing your eyes and throwing your head back with a groan. "It's you."

"Sorry." the boy says, his tone flat and insincere.

"What do you want?"

You and Peter had a weird relationship. When you first met Peter, you had to admit, you thought he was cute. How couldn't you? His curly hair that flopped into his chocolate eyes had you staring from the moment you layed eyes on him. But, something about his attitude ticked you off. 

He was almost always talking. It didn't matter what it was about, but that boy could run his mouth for ages, giving you a headache. Ever since he became an Avenger, he'd been your father's focus, the man frequently spending his time in the lab working on new things for Peter. In fact, he had been working on a new suit upgrade just this morning. But it's not like Tony sacrificed time spent on you to spend it on Peter. If anything, your father sacrificed his own personal time to work on things for Peter, never giving you any less thought than he did before Peter came into your lives. Still, it set you off. 

When Peter noticed your cold feelings towards him, he hardened a bit, frequently countering off the snarky comments you threw at him. As much as he hated to admit it, he liked you. He thought you were absolutely beautiful and found your genius brain so intriguing. But, he had to work with what he could. 

"Mr. Stark told me to come talk to you about a new upgrade for my suit?"

"Right," you sigh, dropping the small device you were working on and walking over to Tony's side of the lab. Peter nervously followed you. 

To you, Peter had the same feelings that you showed him- dislike. You thought he didn't like you too, and that was it. 

But you were both practically oblivious to the small crushes you had on each other. 

You reached the table, Peter's suit hovering midair from the new upgrade. 

"Levitators. For when you do something stupid, like trying to swing from a water creature." you deadpan, referring to the time Peter was fighting the Hydra-Man in Venice and shot a web directly at it, obviously not gaining any support. When he jumped, the poor guy almost fell multiple feet to the ground before he quickly shot a web at a nearby building, just barely saving himself. 

"It was a spur of the moment thing, Y/N," he groans. 

"Weird how you have Spider Sense but not common sense."

"Shut up."

"Make me-"

Your words were interrupted by Peter practically tackling you, the air knocked out of your lungs as you hit the ground, Peter cradling your body. You scrunch your eyes closed for a second before opening them, revealing Peter's suit in a million pieces on the ground.