37 | brace-face

okay yes I KNOW I KNOW this is a gif of tom hiddleston/loki but this gif is the exact energy i imagine for peter later in this story (you'll see) so like

requested by butteryquackson !! <3

summary: in which you get braces, peter is persistent, and mr. delmar gives you free slushees

warnings: like... one bad word. also fluffy/babey peter what's new

+ + +

"Let me see."

You shake your head before laughing, lips folded as to not expose your newly hardwared teeth. You grab your phone and go to Peter's contact, smiling with your mouth closed. His phone buzzes and he pulls it out of his pocket. A laugh flies out of his mouth as he smiles, looking at you. 

"You're fucking lying, let me see," he says, sassy. 

You send him another text. 

"You do a better Rosa impression? Yeah, you're right," he shrugs. "But let me see your braces! I guarantee it's not as bad as you think."

You shake your head and hum. The bell rings and you jump slightly before painting a smug smile on your face and saluting to the boy before running off towards your physics class. Peter sighs. 

+ + +

The sound of your stomach growling makes Peter frown. 

"Y/N, just eat something," he says, poking you in the shoulder.

You shake your head. You'd lasted half the day without showing Peter your mouth, and as far as you were concerned, you didn't want him seeing your teeth until they were straight and without the hideousness of metal brackets. Every class you had with him, he'd be talking to you, trying to make you laugh, and ultimately failing. He'd poke your sides, which always made you laugh. You still kept your mouth closed and a hand covering your lips in precaution. Communication from you only happened on paper or through text, in addition to weird movements that made you regret not taking sign language. 

Nevertheless, he persisted. 

"I have apple sauce?"

You make a face before grabbing his lunch bag and pulling out the GoGo Squeeze, giving him a smug yet thankful look. He playfully huffs as you untwist the cap. 

"Don't you think you owe me for the food?" he asks, tilting his head and raising his eyebrows, face full of expectation. 

You shake your head and carefully opening your mouth, careful to cover your teeth as you begin sucking on the pouch. 

"You're killing me."

+ + +

The final bell rings and you and Peter worm your way out of the crowded building, planning to go get slushees at Delmar's and then head over to his place to play Minecraft. 

"I still don't get the big deal," Peter whines, flopping his arms on his side. You let out a loud huff. "Come onnnnnnn!" 

He stops and turns to you, hands grabbing your shoulders and shaking you back and forth. You bite back a smile, lips sealed, and defiantly shake your head. This only fuels him. He raises an eyebrow at you that shouts "Okay, you asked for it!" and slips his hand into yours, intertwining your fingers and turning, beginning to skip down the sidewalk dramatically. You trip over your feet as you try to keep up with him, the boy practically giggling as he looks back at you. You give sympathetic faces to people walking past who furrow their brows with confused grins at the sight.