47 | to the man who let her go

look at that. his droopy eyes. the little smile on his face especially when he leans back into her. the way he scratches his eye. FUCK

summary: fuck brad davis. yeah

warnings: cussing (why do i even put that as a warning at this point), slight angst, my Signature Fluffy Ending cause what's new

requested by blazesupergirl !! <3

KINDA IMPORTANT LOL: normal text is narration/present time, bold is lyrics, and italics is flashbacks!!

OKAY THIS IS IMPORTANT: THIS IS INSPIRED BY "TO THE MAN WHO LET HER GO" BY TYLER SHAW IT SLAPS I DEF RECOMMEND LISTENING WHILE READING CAUSE IT ADDS TO THE VIBE

HERE IT IS IF YOU NEED IT LOL

period

+ + +

brad davis is a dick.

peter saw the trap you were walking into when you said yes to the date. he saw the sparkle in your eyes, smile too bright for him to tell you that you were too good for brad. that he would end up hurting you in the end. 

it started off great. brad would walk you to school, give you kisses every time he got the chance, hold your hand and be sweet. brad davis really was a good boyfriend, but that was only in the beginning. 

peter parker watched from the sidelines as brad started drifting more and more, becoming more preoccupied with his own life and pushing you away. he saw the way your smile faded as the weeks went on, the way you started walking to school alone more often, the way brad's appearances at your locker became less and less frequent. and peter was there for you, as your best friend and the boy who loved you, if even you weren't his. 

bring her flowers on a weekday
run a bath just to let her know
just to let her know she means the world to me 

"peter? why did you need me to-"

a sympathetic yet mischievous grin tugs at the corners of his mouth, hand wrapping around your wrist and pulling you into his apartment. he pulls the bag off your shoulders, guiding you into his bathroom. 

you gasp. 

candles surround the bathtub, filled with lavender scented bubbles and warm water. a bouquet of your favorite flowers sits on the counter, sat next to a pile of clothes; the pair of peter's sweatpants and old band tee you always wore when you came over. 

"peter, i-" you choke. 

"i know brad has been kinda distant lately and i've seen how it's affected you. i just thought you might like a little break."

way to melt a girl's heart, peter parker. 

you turn, wrapping your arms around his chest and hugging him tightly. "this is some boyfriend type shit, you know that?"

his face burns. "we'll call it me being a close friend while your boyfriend is being a shithole."

peter almost felt as though he was overstepping. he wasn't your boyfriend, no matter how badly he wished he was. brad was. all he could do was be there when brad wasn't.