23 | curiosity killed the cat

couldn't find the right gif so here's a picture of our man jacob being an absolute baddie in peter's room

so i've read those imagines where it's like you're an artist and peter finds your sketchbook and sees your drawings of him and it's all cute and stuff and lkbjvhcg right?

love those

BUT

what if we... per say... turned the tables?

summary: peter parker is a photographer. the boy is absolutely obsessed with taking pictures of anything that attracts him, anything that catches his eye... anything, particularly you. 

warnings: fluff hehe

+ + +

"Pete?" you call. 

You look around his apartment, the homeliness of it welcoming, yet it was still empty. You shrug, closing the front door. 

This wasn't uncommon. Every Friday after school, the two of you would hang out in Peter's room, attempting to do homework and making music videos. A lot of the time, though, your best friend would be out doing his duties as the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. This didn't bother you as much as it worried you; you were fine being alone in his apartment (May would usually be at work), but it left you alone with your thoughts and worries about Peter's safety. 

You walk through the living room and into the hallway, making your way into the boy's room. 

You had always loved Peter's room. The way his books and weird gadgets were scattered around the space, the way his bed was always haphazardly made, the way his nerdy action figures and posters decked the shelves and walls. The way it was just... him. 

A sigh falls from your lips as you let your heavy backpack slide to the ground. You head over to his bed, flopping on the squeaky mattress with content. You take a deep breath, soaking in the scent of Peter's cologne before sitting up, letting your sight fill with the boy's room. Your eyes drifted across the walls and over to his desk, then-

His camera. 

There, on the desk, sat his camera. It was much different than any of the other technological gadgets in his room- it was one from Mr. Stark. That camera was Peter's prized possession. 

If the building were on fire and he could only take one thing, it would be that camera. 

And his suit.

But, mainly the camera. 

That device always intrigued you. Not just by how technologically advanced it was, with its super high quality lens and settings much too complicated for you to comprehend, but by the way that Peter would never let you see any of the pictures on it (willingly, of course- there was that one time when he set it down for just a second and you caught a glimpse of him in his suit and laughed about the thought of him using self-timer... but he didn't know about that). You'd always catch him with it, especially when the two of you would walk to bookstores or comic shops. He'd always be donned with his camera, occasionally snapping pictures of the scenery, and, unknown to you- you. 

You snapped out of your comfortable state, breath catching in your throat just like how your eyes had caught on the camera. You evaluated your situation:

I am here, Peter is not... Camera is on the desk... 

And that was enough to urge you towards the object.