16b | how about a kiss, saumensch?

awkward peter gif for an awkward beginning of a story

HI THIS IS A DISCLAIMER FOR THE BOOK YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUT IT'D BE NICE OF YOU TO READ

okay so

as we all found out recently, peter parker will no longer be a part of the mcu. as much as i'd love to rant about how INCREDIBLY STUPID THAT MOVE IS AND HOW MUCH I AM PRAYING THAT SONY AND DISNEY WILL COMPROMISE, it's not worth my time. 

HOWEVER, even though peter parker is technically no longer a part of the marvel cinematic universe, i will still be writing him as if he were! he deserves it and so do we, and i want to keep mcu peter's memory alive for as long as possible. 

so please keep that in mind while continuing this book! love you all and let's hope peter gets back to his home in the mcu!! (i think that may be happening tomorrow??? i don't know??)

summary: basically just a cute lil epilogue of the last chapter; after you and peter kiss, the two of you are a bit awkward around each other, but still friends nonetheless. peter has formed a habit out of coming to your room to get books, running through your library quickly. one book in particular sparks a revelation in the both of you.

warnings: I'll Give You The Sun minor spoilers

+ + +

The sound of a knock at your door makes you jump. 

"Come in!"

The door opens to reveal Peter, lips pursed as he walks in. You smile. 

"Hey."

"Hi," the boy grins softly, automatically making his way over to your wall of books. 

You gulp as you watch him, chewing on the inside of your lip. Ever since the two of you kissed, things had been weird. Of course you still talked- neither of you would be able to survive if you didn't- but it was uncomfortable. Neither you nor Peter mentioned the kiss. You both would often throw in awkward gestures or words when there was a moment of silence, finger-guns becoming a force of habit now. 

The two of you hated how awkward it was now, but neither of you were ready for confrontation. You were dumb teenagers with messed-up lives and no experience whatsoever. Yet, the both of you knew someone would have to do something at some point. 

Your eyes drift over to the books on your bed. 

"Oh!" you blurt. 

Peter spins around, watching as you reach towards the books laying next to you. Two copies of I'll Give You The Sun

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. accidentally ordered two copies of this book." you reach one out towards the boy. Peter steps forward, glancing at you before returning his gaze to the book, grabbing it from your hand. The cliche moment where his fingers brush against yours, shooting sparks up your arm, makes you cringe slightly. "We can read it together?"

Peter nods, giving you a crooked smile. "Yeah. That'd be great."

"Awesome," you breath. 

Peter stands for a moment, shifting on his feet. He looks at the ground for a second before taking a sharp breath. 

"Okay, uh, I'm gonna go. Thanks for the book, Y/N."

Your heart seethes. 

"Oh- yeah, no problem." you blurt, shrugging a bit too hard. "Wanna start reading tonight?"