17b | take your things and go

the support on the first part of this imagine was so insane!! i love you all so much <3

summary: you and peter's love-hate relationship starts forming into a more like-love relationship?

warnings: FLUFF + i italicized so much in here lol so sorry for that

+ + +

It had only been two days since you and Peter had barely kissed. Still, the boy was hell-bent on discovering what a real kiss was. 

There were two reasons Peter Parker wanted to know what a real kiss was:
1. He truly was curious. 
2. He wanted to know what a real kiss was with you

The boy hoped that his outward curiosity would cover the fact that he liked you. The ice had finally broken between the two of you, and he snatched up the opportunity to talk to you more as quick as possible. Peter already knew that he annoyed you (or so he thought), and that made him feel a bit better about pestering you, figuring that if things didn't work out his way, at least nothing would've really changed. 

You had just come up with a new idea, hurriedly jumping off of your bed and sprinting down the stairs and straight into the lab, hunting around the all-too-familiar room in search for your supplies. You quickly gathered your things, a satisfied smile on your lips as you spread out your paper, beginning to sketch out your idea. 

The door swung open, but you didn't lift your head to look. You simply kept your gaze on the blue paper beneath you, back bent over the table as your hand danced across the paper, your design coming to life on the page. 

"Hey, Y/N?"

The squeaky voice made you jump, dropping your pencil and straightening your back as you let out a sigh. 

"Yes, Parker?" you turn to Peter, standing in the doorway with the hint of a smile tugging at his lips. 

"Just thought I'd come and say hi," he shrugs. 

You knew that wasn't his full intent. The moment his voice entered your ears you knew he came to interrogate you, to beg you to tell him what a real kiss was. To beg you to show him what a real kiss was- except he never really asked that. 

You just knew. 

His footsteps became louder as he walked over to the table, gaze glued on you. 

"Parker."

The stern tone of your voice made him halt, just a few inches away from the table and a foot away from you. 

"Y-yeah?"

"Why are you so clingy lately?" you ask, turning and continuing your sketch as you talk. Peter's actions almost made you mad. You hated stalling. It was a waste of time when the world itself didn't have enough time to waste. The boy was dodging asking for what he wanted, and so you decided to work around getting what you wanted. "I thought you didn't like me, and now all of a sudden you're on my heels half the time."

Peter's cheeks flushed at your words. He wasn't dumb; he knew what you wanted. And he knew what he wanted. But he was scared. His main source of self confidence was supplied by his suit, the masking of his identity making him feel free to be entirely who he was without judgement. Without the suit, he'd rather play it safe, slowly edging towards his goal without jumping right to it. The last time he took that big step, it ended in catastrophe. 

You live and you learn, Peter believed. 

"Well... I thought you didn't like me." the boy responds. 

You purse your lips. "And I thought I asked you a question."

Peter stayed silent, anxiously fiddling with his fingers as he stood there, eyes fixed on you as you continued sketching. The movement of your pencil calmed him- until you stopped drawing. 

You set the utensil down with a sigh, sliding your paper to the edge of the table and hopping onto the free space, legs hanging off the edge. 

"Peter-"

The boy lifted his head, eyes meeting yours. 

You were normally a more confident person, but often withered in the face of an awkward conversation. Your heartbeat began to quicken ever-so-slightly, Peter's advanced hearing immediately picking up on it and confusing him. 

You took a deep breath, trying to suck in the air as if it had confidence in it

"Why do you keep dodging things?" you ask, slumping your back slightly. 

"I'm not dodging... anything," he shrugs lightly, taking a subtle step closer to you, guilt filling him.

"Don't make me ask you, Parker."

"Don't make you ask me what?"

"Don't make me ask you why you keep asking me to tell you what a real kiss is, instead of me to show you." you sigh. 

Peter stares at you, dumbfounded.

"I thought you didn't like me?"

"Lies and deceit, Parker. You need a class on reading social queues."

You see a light flicker in Peter's eye, the insult at the end of your comment not even affecting the boy. He steps so he's in front of you, breathing becoming shallow. 

"Y/N?" he asks quietly. 

A tired groan falls from your lips. "Peter, you have got to stop dodging-"

"Can you show me what a real kiss is, please?"

The breath catches in your throat for a second. You hadn't entirely thought he would go through with it. Peter was so mild and mellow, you weren't sure if he actually had the guts to go after it. You often forgot that he was Spider-Man, your full view of him tinted by how awkward he was outside of the suit. 

By this time, Peter had stepped in between your legs, hands uncomfortably hanging in the air as he didn't know what to do with them. His forehead lightly pressed against yours, minty breath fanning over your lips. 

"You're an idiot." you bring a hand to his neck, pulling him towards you until your lips pressed together gently. 

Light rushed through you, the feeling of adoration filling you as the boy quickly kissed back, hands finally finding their place on your waist. You slowly pulled away from him. 

A few seconds passed, an incredulous look on Peter's face that made you purse your lips in order to hold in a laugh. 

Once the boy finally regained himself, he took a deep breath. "Uh, t-thank you,"

A laugh bubbled out of your lungs, your head falling onto his chest as you wheezed. 

"You're so stupid, Parker." 

Peter furrows his brows, conflicted by his satisfaction and fulfillment from the kiss yet confused by your laughter. By the time you lifted your head, the boy had a confused grin barely tugging at the corners of his mouth. 

"You're welcome for the kiss." you say.

A sigh escapes Peter's lips and he nods, a crooked smile on his face as he begins to walk away hesitantly. 

"You're really bad at this, Peter," you shake your head. 

He turns back around, smile gone and eyebrows pushed together in worry. "I'm a bad kisser?"

"No," you laugh, "you're just really awkward."

"Oh." he nods, turning and taking a step before stopping in his place. 

He spins back around, stepping towards you and quickly pecking your lips before running away and out of the lab, giddiness radiating off of him.

A soft smile spreads across your face as you hop off the table, resuming your work with the same giddiness.

+ + +

i used so many italics in this story lmao sorry folks