12 | laser tag

IM BACK BIH! btw from now on i'm gonna actually use capitalization!! crazy right?! who knows if i'll go back and change it in past imagines, we'll see 

summary: tony organizes a game of avengers laser tag. you and peter are on opposite sides and have made it clear to each other that you will fight to the death- whatever it takes. 

warnings: idk... it's cute and fluffy and yeah

+ + +

Tony Stark walks into the room, colorful sunglasses on and a smirk on his face. Everyone looks up at his presence, expectant looks on your faces as you wait for him to talk. 

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., initiate the Ultimate War protocol." the man smirks.

Your eyebrows furrow at his words, head turning to look at Peter, his expression mirroring yours. 

You and Peter had been friends for as long as you could remember. He was the boy across the hall that your parents forced you to play with when you were four, and after your first play-date, the two of you became attached at the hip. The more time that passed, the closer you two got, frequently spending the night at each other's apartment, always sharing a bed. It didn't take long for the two of you to grow crushes. Even your other best friends, Ned and MJ, thought the two of you were dating when you met. Each time they brought it up, roses would bloom on your cheeks, embarrassment filling you as the two of you awkwardly cleared your throats to change the topic. 

Your parents worked in a lab. When you were eight, you were wandering in the lab, messing around and causing a small explosion that resulted in your powers. You were gifted with telekinesis. The next day, you were whining to Peter about how far away the remote was. You lazily waved your hand at the device, causing it to float in the air. 

Your eyes widen at the floating object, looking over at Peter. The young boy's mouth falling agape as he stares back and forth between you and the remote. 

"How are you doing that?" Peter gapes, leaning towards the remote as you began moving your hand around, the remote shakily shifting as it hovers. 

"I don't know," you whisper, a small smile on your face as you sit up, waving your hand and making the object fly around the room. 

When Peter was bit by a radioactive spider, you were the first to know of his powers. The two of you quickly put your powers to use, fighting crime around Queens as Spider-Man and Shift. It wasn't long until the two of your were recruited by Tony Stark, and thus began your adventures together as Avengers. 

As soon as the Avengers met you and Peter, they had the same reactions as your best friends and thought you two were dating. In fact, they all still believed it now, but decided to sit back and watch the two of you figure it out, only occasionally giving you looks and snarky comments that made your faces flush. 

"Ultimate War proto- whoa," you blurt, turning your head to look around at the compound, your surroundings darkening and bright neon lights popping up. The couches beneath all of you began sinking into the ground, making all of you stand and watch as maze-like walls pop up in their place. The large wall behind Tony was illuminated with neon vests and guns, separated into the colors blue and red. 

A gasp falls from Rhodey's mouth. "Are we playing laser tag?"

Realization floods your face, making you smile immediately and look over at Peter, who was already gazing at you with a smirk. 

"We got this," you nod, nudging him in the side. 

"Definitely." the boy replies smugly. 

Tony laughs. "Not so fast."