55 | i want it, i got it

baes

summary: newfound confidence during karaoke night certainly can end up in peter parker making bold moves

warnings: uhhhhhhh idk sam and bucky are at it again with the teasing?? 

requested by queen spideybparker <3

okay this writing in this is meh IM SORRY i think my brain is fried since i've been working on my independent book a lot 🥵

+ + +

"no, absolutely not," you say, shaking your head. natasha wiggles her eyebrows at you and you huff. 

tonight had started as just another one of the galas that tony hosted, adults and liquor everywhere. and then he got on the stage and there was a stage? what is he doing?

before you knew it, the gala turned into a karaoke party. adults you'd either never seen or had seen take down hydra were belting their hearts out. steve and bucky sang "the time of my life" and attempted the lift from dirty dancing, tony and rhodey yelled an obnoxious cover of "back in black," and peter and bucky did a rendition of "you're the one that i want," which had you falling out of your seat in laughter as they ungracefully attempted to twirl around each other. 

when peter got back, he was breathing heavy and sweating, wrapping a smelly arm around you to which you couldn't even shrug off because you had yet to catch your breath. he looked at you like you were everything in the world.

and now he's yelling at you to go onstage and sing "7 rings" with natasha. 

of course you knew the song. it was all over the radio and you'd even caught scott and thor having a dance-off to it. you just weren't keen on karaoke. the thought of getting up there and having to figure out how to not look awkward while pulling off a very confident song seemed impossible, especially since you'd never done karaoke in your life. 

"please, y/n," peter pouts. the puppy eyes he gives you almost make you angry; he's practically manipulating you at this point. "just do it, it'll be fun!"

you sigh. "fine."

the crowd around you cheers and you immediately regret your decisions as you stand, nat grabbing your hand and excitedly dragging you towards the stage. happy hands you your mics with an excited smile and you seriously contemplate punching him. 

when you see the crowd you almost walk away right then and there. but then the music starts and peter is smiling so brightly that all of a sudden you're singing, and nat is behind you hyping you up. 

"breakfast at tiffany's and bottles of bubbles
girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble
lashes and diamonds, atm machines
buy myself all of my favorite things"

tony whoops so loudly that you almost drop the mic (pun intended), but peter's cheering the loudest. when he's not clapping or yelling he's staring at you like you own the world. you make a mental note to run to the kitchen and stick your face in the refrigerator after this, you're sweating and blushing so hard.

natasha begins singing her part and you pull your gaze away from peter to hype her up. before you know it, you're actually getting into the song, figuring what's the worst that could happen?

"been through some bad shit, i should be a sad bitch
who woulda thought it'd turn me to a savage?
rather be tied up with calls and not strings
write my own checks like i write what i sing, yeah"

you channel your inner ariana grande and flip your hair, fist-bumping nat before beginning the chorus. 

"my wrist, stop watchin', my neck is flossy
make big deposits, my gloss is poppin'
you like my hair? gee, thanks, just bought it
i see it, i like it, i want it, i got it"

at the last lyric you wink at peter. the way his eyes widen and sam and bucky nudge him suggestively makes your confidence falter for a minute before you get distracted, natasha going off way harder than you expected on the rest of the chorus. you laugh and clap, swaying along to the beat. 

peter watches in a trance, body getting abnormally hot. 

"oh, she totally just winked at you," sam smirks, bumping his knee against peter's. peter gulps. 

"she likes you, kid," bucky says, then mumbles, "if you somehow managed to not pick it up before."

peter feels overwhelmed with an emotion he can't describe. his eyes dart nervously between his teammates, all of their faces looking far too suggestive. he sucks in a breath before standing up and walking towards the stage. 

and then a pair of familiar hands twist you around and cup your face, pulling your lips to theirs. you freeze before inhaling, peter's cologne overflowing your sense and holy wow it's happening. 

peter pulls away all too soon, his hands still cradling your face and your hands frozen midair. natasha stops singing and you don't even have to look to know that the whole crowd is staring at you. the music continues playing in the background as you crack a nervous smile. 

"how did you get up here so fast?" you ask breathlessly. 

"i don't know," peter smiles sheepishly, hands falling from your face. "the wink made me a little gutsy, i think... plus bucky wouldn't shut up about telling me to go kiss you."

you don't get the chance to react before a yell erupts from the crowd. 

"DO IT AGAIN!" tony shouts, hands cupped around his mouth. a few whoops sound out and you laugh, resting your forehead against peter's before softly connecting your lips, his hands wrapping around your waist to pull you closer as you wrap your arms around his neck. 

a giggle bubbles out of you and you pull apart, smiling like fools. 

"okay, this is the last part and i'd really like to finish this, so..." natasha mumbles into the mic. you laugh and hold up your mic, looking over at peter. before you know it, he snatches it from your hands and begins belting it out with nat.

"i want it, i got it, i want it, i got it 
i want it, i got it, i want it, i got it 
you like my hair? gee, thanks, just bought it
i see it, i like it, i want it, i got it"

and after seeing peter pretend to flip his hair, it was very difficult for you not to pee yourself out of laughter that night.

+ + + 

that last sentence I Don't Think I Worded That How I Wanted To but it fine =D

thinking i'm gonna be more active on tumblr (esp because i have the app and get notifs and can actually like post pictures yk????) so i'm really sorry about that!! same user as on here so please follow me if you have it!

ALSO Z GOT AN EMMY NOMINATION AS SHE SHOULD AND I STARTED CRYING IM SO PROUD OF HER AND LITERALLY HAVE LOVED HER SINCE DISNEY CHANEL AND SHE DESERVES IT SO SO MUCH I JUST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA