36 | massage for massage? (blurb)

i love this gif sm

HI SO LIKE I FORGOT TO WRITE DOWN WHO REQUESTED THIS AND I CANNOT FIND THIS MESSAGE FOR THE LIFE OF ME AND I DON'T REMEMBER WHERE IT CAME FROM SO IF THIS WAS YOU LET ME KNOW!!!!! OR IF U WANNA REMAIN ANONYMOUS YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOL THX!!!!!!!

okay moving on!!!!

summary: unrequited feelings hurt, especially when your hands are the one massaging away his pain. 

warnings: ANGST??? wow didn't know i did that. also it's a bit of an interesting concept i guess but when you consider the scenario it's really harmless and not like kInKy or anything 😗

+ + +

Something was off. You had no earthly clue what it was, but every time you glanced up from your textbook, Peter was staring off into space, hints of a frown pulling at the corners of his mouth and pencil long forgotten. 

It began to bother you. 

"Peter."

He jumps. He looks at you, eyes wide as he shakes himself slightly, looking at you in that whatnohiyesIwaspayingattention way. "Hmm?"

"Everything okay? You seem off," you give him a weary smile. 

The boy doesn't respond, rather than just look down at his papers and start fiddling with his pencil. 

"I'm just stressed, that's all."

His mumbling and unauthentic tone didn't convince you at all. 

"Massage for massage?"

This was a tradition between the two of you. Every time the two of you would hang out, often studying at his place, and you were stressed, you'd give each other massages to take a break and try to work out the knots in each other's shoulders. Peter tended to get longer massages, but you let it slide. 

He nodded and the two of you moved your books and papers off of the couch, Peter turning his back towards you. You pull his shirt up, tell him to start talking, and try not to stare at the muscles in his back. 

This routine would seem weird to others if you'd tell them about it, but it was something the two of you had been doing for years. Peter was a sucker for massages, and, especially after the bite, he'd be asking for them just about every night and was incredibly thankful that you stayed up late and lived next door. It was free therapy for the two of you. 

"I don't know, I guess I'm just stressed. Like, my normal amount of stress,"

You nod, then make a face after realizing that he can't even see you nodding. 

"I, um, I guess I just can't think straight. Cause I, like," he begins to mumble. "I.. can't get my mind... off of her?"

You freeze for a moment just as you hit the right spot in Peter's back. He stiffens, knocked out of the trance that he'd fall into every time your hands worked magic on his sore shoulders.

"Wait, keep going."

You do, but not as thoroughly as you usually would. Now you were the distracted one. "You have a crush?"

"Well, yeah, doesn't like, everybody?" 

Yeah. 

"I guess so," you sigh. "Do you wanna talk about it? Her?"

You swallow your heart as he starts talking. About how funny and smart she is, about how she's just real, and about how she's so beautiful without even trying. You ask questions. What does she like? Funny movies, books, creepy things and famous murderers. Have any classes with her? English and history. It doesn't take long for you to figure it out. 

"Peter, do you like MJ?"

Your hands slide off his back and his shirt falls as he turns around, face red. 

"Maybe?"

A smile pulls at your lips, fake, but enough to show your "adoration" for his possible relationship. "I think the two of you would look really good together."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

He smiles, taking a deep breath. "Okay, your turn."

You turn, pulling your hair out of the way and closing your eyes, letting out a sigh as his hands carefully slide under your shirt and land on the skin of your shoulders, just as they had every time before. A small tear falls onto your foot and you quickly wipe your face. No crying over a boy. 

+ + +

lol this was really short especially compared to the last one

since online school is "officially" starting for me next week i'm really hoping to pump out a few more imagines for y'all and i have a lotta drafts so i gotta GO GO GO

i hope this one sufficed haha

<3