20 | holy water!

8.3k views, you guys have my heart <3

summary: after catching you and peter getting a little heated, natasha decides to take things into her own hands... in the messiest of ways. 

requested by @n00bmaster_69 

warnings: this is NOT a smut, but it is pretty close, ig... idk, i kept it pretty PG-13 :)

+ + +

You were going insane. 

You and Peter sat sprawled out on your bed, movie playing on the TV on the wall. The dialogue of the characters was only background music in your mind as you let your mind drift off to thoughts about Peter. 

Little to your knowledge, his brain was doing the exact same thing. 

It took lots of awkward moments for the two of you to finally admit your feelings to one another. After spending so much time together, since you were both Avengers, it wasn't surprising that the two of you became so connected. And, after just one more awkward moment, you and Peter finally got together. 

Unknown to the Avengers. 

You both figured it would be too weird to be public with them in the beginning, especially with Tony. He was the man who gave you a place to live, and you really didn't want his snarky comments 24/7. 

So, the two of you held hands in secret. 

You did everything in secret. 

Peter, whose mind almost never strayed from the thought of you, had to fight himself not to grab your hand or even sneak a little peck at your lips when the two of you weren't in private. 

One thing that really bothered the two of you though, despite not being able to hold hands in public, was the fact that you'd never gone beyond a simple peck on the lips. Maybe a couple-second long kiss if you were lucky. 

The two of you lay on your bed, pinkies laced together, minds racing and not at all paying attention to the movie. 

Out of a moment of desperation, you squeezed his pinky for just a second. Peter's breath slightly caught in his throat as he was snapped out of his thoughts. He glanced at you before moving his leg ever-so-slightly, so that his foot was pressing against yours. 

You chewed on the inside of your lip. A wave of hesitation passed over you before you sighed and forced your mouth open, letting one word fall from your lips. 

"Peter?"

Your head, having been laying on his shoulder, shifted as the boy moved onto his side, looking at you with an expectant look on his face and just barely a twinge of desperation in his eyes. 

"Yeah?" he asked. 

You silently cursed as a curl fell onto his forehead, only making your aching feelings deepen. A silent moment passed. 

"I really like you," you breathe, cringing just slightly.

One of his signature, boyish, crooked smiles tugs at his lips as you looks at you. 

"I really like you, too."

You gulp. "Pete?"

The boy's breath hitches at the softness of your voice before letting his eyes fall to your lips, understanding and agreement hitting the both of you. He gently presses his lips to yours, bringing a hand to cup your face.