6 | study date

summary: you and peter have been friends for most of your life but have slightly grown apart this last year due to peter's spider-man duties. finally, the two of you get together to work on a project and things... happen?

requested? nope

warnings: fluffy and adorable... that's it

+ + +

the sound of your pen tapping against the notebook filled the room as you let out a frustrated groan, only for it to get lost in the noise and chaos of the room. everybody else was working with their partners, chatting about the assignment and gossiping about their day while you sat frustrated, confused, and alone at your table.

physics was more of mj's thing, not yours. 

which only made it worse that she was absent today. 

a sigh falling from your lips, you set down your pen, running your fingers through your hair as you tilted your head down at the table.

"y/n?"

you looked up to meet eyes with peter parker. 

your sour mood slightly melted away at the sight of the boy. he had been your friend for a long time- ever since he found you crying on the playground in kindergarten and decided it was his job to take care of you, the two of you became attached at the hip. 

when you grew older, you grew even closer. literally. 

one day you were living across queens from peter, the next day you were right across the hall from his apartment. the two of you went through middle school together, slowly growing infatuations with each other, both of you completely oblivious to how the other was feeling. 

and then he started hanging out with you less and less in the past year. he quit band, he quit robotics club, he began missing more and more academic decathlon meetings. on the rare occasions you could hang out, he'd have to leave early. you usually figured it was just the stark internship- the excuse he had always used- but you couldn't help but be suspicious of the boy. cause, come on, how often do you need a teenage boy to come do your errands when you're a billionaire?

nonetheless, you still loved peter and knew he meant best, and that's why the two of you still were as close as you could be in your situation. 

"you okay?" he asked worriedly, lightly fiddling with his fingers. 

you blew a strand of hair out of face, picking at the edge of your paper as you gazed up into his deep brown eyes you had fallen for.

"yeah, just hate physics. you know," you laugh halfheartedly, looking down at your paper solemnly. 

"well," he begins, "ned isn't here today and i know mj isn't, would you maybe want to be partners?"

you stifle a snort at his shyness. 

"no, sorry."

you watch a frantic look grow on peter's face as he begins to stutter. 

"o- oh, okay, sorry, y/n, i'll just-"

"i'm just messing with you, pete." you laugh. relief replaces his previously distressed expression and he smiles lightly, making your heart speed up. 

"wanna come over after school? we can work on the project together, plus may keeps telling me how much she misses you."

excitement begins coursing through you.