Part 24: Don't come back

The five were all back in the living room, sat in their original places. Every now and again, someone would share an awkward glance.

"I'm sorry for disturbing everyone's peace," Nero mumbled. Everyone looked at him, but didn't say anything.

"Don't just stare at me," he said, "Aren't you going to shout at me?"

"Is that an open invitation?" Neru asked.

"Sure, I guess-"

"YOU ARE THE WORST THING TO EVER EXIST AND I HATE YOU AND I WISH YOU WOULD JUST DI-"

"Woah, woah. Neru, calm down," Haku said, grabbing her hand.

"He said we could shout at him," she pouted.

"Alright, but that's no reason to wish death upon him. Sit beside me."

"Fine, I guess," Neru sighed, getting off of the sofa and sitting beside her partner.

"N-Nero. Look at me," Rin stuttered.

"What's up, darling?"

"Look, with everything that's going on, I don't think we should see each other. Plus, what you did to get me to do it with you was pretty messed up. I know I've done wrong. But you've done wrong too. And you're the kind of person who doesn't learn from their mistakes. I really hope you don't do this to other girls. Because, frankly, it's not fair."

A wave of silence went over, Nero blankly staring at Rin, seemingly trying to take in what she had just said.

Neru stood up. She began to clap.

"Well said, Rin-chan."

After noticing no one had joined in, she cleared her throat and sat back down.

"Not- not that I think it was that good," she mumbled.

"F-fine. See if I care," Nero grunted, getting up.
"I hate all of you anyway."

He opened the front door, and left.

"Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead," Neru laughed.

"Goodbye and good riddance!" Luka smiled.

"I can't believe I ever fell for him," Rin shook her head.

"It's okay, Rin. It's nearly over. Your appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. This time next week it'll be in the past," Luka reassured.

"You're sure?"

"Yes. Now, Rin-chan, please go and fetch your brother. He's still hiding under his sheets."

Rin nodded and proceeded to walk upstairs. She was about to knock on the door, when she heard two male voices from inside. One of which, obviously, was Len.

"Thank you. Get home safely."

"I will, sweetie. Don't worry about me. I can slide down this pipe."

"Alright. I'll call you later."

Rin slowly and silently opened the door. She saw a blur of red leave the window.

"LEN-KUN! HELLO!" She shouted.

"AAH! I'M A VIRGIN!"

"W-what?"

"N-nothing."

"Who did you just have in here?"

"No one."

"You were talking, and then someone left through the window. Who was that?"

"No one. I'm not gay."

"Len, tell me or I'll get Luka."

"FINE! Come here. Don't tell anyone or I'll kill you."

"I won't."

"That was Fukase. Okay? Don't tell anyone."

"Oh my God! I thought you liked-"

"I do like her. Fukase likes me but I don't like him back. And she hasn't got a boyfriend so I was going to ask her on a date in a minute."

"Well, she's certainly not got a boyfriend," Rin whispered to herself.

"Right. Breath mint."

Rin threw a packet of tic-tacs to Len. He quickly swallowed a few. He stood up, and looked himself in the mirror.

"Looking sharp, Kagamine."

"Shut up, Len."

"Jeez, alright. Come downstairs with me. I'm gonna ask."

Rin snorted.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Nothing."

"You are so annoying."

"You too."

Len left, Rin following behind. They went downstairs. Rin was surpessing herself from bursting into laughter.

"Ah! Len! There you are," Luka smiled.

"Yeah. Hi. I need to ask one of you something important."

"And what's that?"

"Neru?"

Neru looked up from her phone.

"Hm?"

"To keep it short, I've liked you- no, not liked, LOVED, you for ages now. You're so beautiful and a really nice person."

Neru glanced up at Haku, who was in eye contact with Rin, both trying their best not to laugh.

"So, Neru, would you... would... would you like to... maybe go to the movies? Or have dinner?"

"Oh my lord."

Rin started aggressively laughing. She keeled over onto the floor. Haku started laughing too.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Oh my God, Len, I'm hella gay."

"Oh." Len blushed, hiding his face in his hands.
"No- no you're not."

"Yes I am."

"Prove it."

"Wh- Sure. Haku, come here."

Neru gently kissed Haku's cheek.

"Oh. Shit," Len said, running back upstairs.