Part 40: I broke it

It was 4pm. The guests had left, and Haku was cuddling Neru on the sofa. They were wrapped in blankets, half falling asleep, watching Haku's favourite show.

Every now and again Haku would giggle at the TV. Neru found her laugh incredibly cute. She reached up and tenderly kissed her cheek. Haku pulled Neru closer, and switched off the TV.

"Thank you for a lovely day, my baby. It's been great."

"A lovely day for a lovely girl!~"

"Aren't you just adorable, hm?"

Neru blushed.

"You look so cute, darling. I love you very much," Haku smiled.

"I love you more."

"More? That's not possible, my dear~"

"Why're you so flirty, suddenly, hm?"

"Because I love you!~"

"You're after something, aren't you?"

"Me? No, never..."

"What do you want, huh?"

"Nothing... Well, maybe a little something..."

"What would that be?"

"Can we go out for a drink... Please?"

"I'm not in the mood to go out, but you can drink here if you want. And when you crash you'll be here too."

"Alright. Thank you."

Haku kissed Neru's forehead, and got up to go to the kitchen.

***************

"And... And THAT'S why dinosaurs are actually long geckos."

Haku was stood in front of Neru, who was sat on the sofa, giving some form of presentation, whilst struggling to keep her balance. Most of her points had been wordless slurring, followed by a giggle and a hiccup.

"Wow. Very insightful. Thank you, Haku, I have learned today."

"My name isn't that! Silly Billy!"

"Oh? What is it then?"

"I'm a princess, thank you very much! Princess Haku the four'd!"

"The... The four'd?"

"Yes."

"If you say so, honey. I think you better sit down."

"... dinosaur."

Haku laughed at her sentence, following up with,

"Dinosaur! HAH!"

"I really think you should sit, before you fall."

"I'm not gonna fall! Watch!"

Haku jumped a few times, and then ran away and back into the room, completing her travel by tripping over her own foot.

"Didn't I tell you so? Hm? Didn't I?"

"Uwahh..."

"Come here. Sit by me."

Haku dramatically pulled herself toward the sofa, standing up and flopping down next to Neru, almost crushing her in the process.

"Ouch. Don't sit on me."

"Neruuuu..."

"What?"

"I gotta go pee..."

"For lord's sake, come on. Don't let go of my hand, I don't want you falling down the stairs."

Neru stood up, took Haku's hand and led her up the stairs.

"Go on then. Don't be long."

Haku stumbled toward the bathroom, somehow hitting her head on the door and then laughing at herself. She fell backwards, and laughed harder.

"Get up, come on. I don't want you to wet yourself."

"Noo..."

"Why not? I thought you needed to go pee."

"Oh! You're right, I do! Okay..." She struggled to get up, but she found the small amount of balance she had left. She went into the bathroom and shut the door. Neru waited outside.

Not five minutes later, Haku came out of the bathroom. She practically jumped straight into Neru's arms, causing her to fall backwards. Tsuki, who was still asleep on the bed, jerked awake. She hopped off the bed and walked over to the pair, who were now both on the floor, laughing. She rubbed against Haku's hand, which made her jump, and she swung her hand backwards, accidentally hitting the cat in the process. Tsuki made a sudden, loud, meow.

"Oh no! I broke it!"

She picked the cat up and held it. It stuck it's legs out, going completely stiff. Haku got off of Neru, and pet the cat.

"I broke it! Neru! It's broken!"

"She's not broken."

Haku began to cry.

"I broke it! Sue kit is broken and it's my fault!"

"S... Sue kit?"

"The cat!"

"She's not broken. You just did her a little frighten, that's all. And, you're being a bit loud."

"She's not moving! Look," Haku started swinging the cat.

"HAKU! Don't do that! You'll hurt her!"

This made her cry harder.

"I HURT AND BROKE THE CAT!"

"Shush! Give me that!"

Neru took the cat from Haku, and placed it on Shizuko's old bed. Tsuki laid down.

"Come on, Haku. Get into bed."

"Whyyy?"

"Because you're extremely drunk, and I'm not looking after you. Come in. Get some sleep."

"No! I'm not gonna!"

"Why?"

"Princesses don't do what they're told! In fact, I should be telling you what to do!"

"No, you shouldn't-"

"Neruuu! I order you to go and get me a burger!"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Listen. You go and have a sleep and I'll get you a burger. Deal?"

"Okay!"

Neru pulled Haku up from the floor, and took her into bed. She handed her over some pyjamas, and Haku obediently put them on. Neru got a trash can and put it by the bed.

"I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight, my love."

"Bye, peasant..," Haku quickly went to sleep after finishing her sentence.