Part 36: Kitty

It was 10am. Quite early, but Luka insisted on picking Haku up early. Neru was sat in her living room, watching TV. She doubted Haku was even awake yet, but was soon proved wrong when the door flew open and Haku came running in, stopping at Neru and hugging her as tightly as she could.

Unfortunately for Neru, she was at Haku's chest height, so although enjoying the hug, she couldn't breathe.

"I've missed you. I was so cold last night."

"Oh. I've missed you too."

"Luka's waiting outside in the car. Said we had to go pick something up? And to bring Shizuko's crate?"

"Yeah. We do. It's important."

"I'll bring the crate. You go and wait in the car."

"Alright," Neru said, standing up. She looked up at Haku, adding,

"And don't drown me in your breasts."

"What? Oh. Sorry."

Neru walked out to the car, getting in the back.

"Hey, Neru-chan! Where's Haku?"

"Getting the crate."

"She seemed very excited to come back and see you."

"Yeah. She ran in and suffocated me in boob."

"Oh! Haha," Luka chuckled, drumming her fingers on the wheel, seemingly getting impatient.

Haku soon came back, cat crate in hand, getting in with Neru. They strapped up and went.

Haku sighed.

"I love you, Neru. So so much. And I'm sorry if you thought I hated you. I would never hate you, no matter how pissed off I seem. I love you with all my heart."

Haku gripped onto Neru's hand, looking at her with sad but loving eyes.

Neru smiled, and looked down. She looked at the pair's fingers interwined.

"I love you so much more."

"Do you want to know what the doctors told me?"

"Yes, yes. That's been worrying me."

"They said it could have possibly been due to stress, or depression or whatever. They said they're getting me a referral to therapy."

Neru grinned.

"That's great!"

She paused, then continuing,

"Why didn't you want the doctors to tell me?"

"'Cuz they over-dramatize it. And it would be more from the heart if I told you."

"That's wonderful news."

Haku smiled at Neru, squeezing her hand.

"I'm glad I'm finally getting some form of help. Whether it'll work or not baffles me, haha-"

"It better help! Or I'll sue!"

"No, Neru, don't sue, it's not like they can magically cure it. There's no cure, it's always there, but they'll help it get smaller and... Less intrusive."

"I hope they help."

"God, me too."

Haku looked out of the window, watching the sights whizz past.

"Luka? Where're we going?" She asked.

"Neru can tell you that."

"Oh? Neru?"