Chapter 6 - Eavesdropping

It was nearing the end of the day and I was sitting with Ochaco in the back of the classroom chatting about her and Izuku.

"But it's true!" I whisper shouted. "Even though you guys are both quite awkward around each other, the chemistry you have is so obvious! No wonder you're soulmates!"

"Heh, thanks (Y/N)" but then her face was overcome with curiosity. "Hey, just wondering... have you met your soulmate yet?" she asked.

"No, not yet." I sighed.

"Hey, don't worry about it." she reassured me. "Can I see the words on you wrist? I don't remember what they say." she asked. I rolled up my sleeve so she could see.

'What the hell did you just say?'

"Oh, I remember them now." she said chuckling. "With those words I wish you the best of luck." she smiled.

"Thanks." I replied. We turned around to see the door open and Izuku came in the room with one of his arms in a sling and the other one wrapped in bandages. We ran up to him.

"Hey Deku!" said Ochaco cheerfully.

"Umm...Uraraka? Where's Kacchan?" he asked looking over at Katsuki's empty seat.

"She tried to stop him from leaving but he wouldn't listen." I explained to him.

"You just missed him." finished Ochaco. With that he ran out of the classroom in search of Katsuki. Being the nosy little brat I am, I decided to slip out of the classroom undetected and follow Izuku to wherever he was going.

<>-<>-<>

I finally got outside to where they were currently halfway through their conversation.

"I've still got a lot to learn. I know that!" I heard Izuku say while I was hiding behind a bush. "That's why I'm here. You'll see, I'll work until I have full control of this borrowed quirk." Borrowed quirk? How can you borrow a quirk? He looked up and made eye contact with Katsuki. "And I'll finally beat you with my own power!"

I was completely shook. I couldn't believe he just said that, and to Katsuki of all people! I decided to leave before things got worse and he went all out on Izuku but then I heard him speak up.

"How dumb do you think I am? Borrowed power? Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot. You already made a damn fool of me in that training exercise. So? Did you come here to rub it in? I lost and to make matters worse it was to you! I came first in the exam, but that's not enough! When I was watching that ice guy, I realise I couldn't beat him in a head to head fight! I even agreed with what that girl said, my attack was so stupid! Dammit!" he screamed.

Oh, he is referring to when Momo analysed what everyone did in the match and said that Iida had done the best. "Enjoy that win Deku! You won't get another, I'm just getting started! Got that! I'm gonna end up the No. 1 hero no matter what!" he looked up at Izuku and I saw a few tears clouding his view. Then he turned around and tried to wipe them away with his sleeve. "You'll never beat me again you bastard. Don't even try." he finished as he walked out of school.

Suddenly All Might appeared and made an attempt to talk to 'Young Bakugo' and comfort him but he just shoved All Might off which forced him to speak to Izuku instead. All of a sudden, I had a strong urge to go and talk to the loud hot-head.

As soon as I could see he was off the school grounds I jumped out from the bushes and started running towards him. Just before I reached him, I suspected he heard my footsteps because he turned around.

"Look, I just wanna say that I think you are an incredible fighter," I said calmly. His eyes that were previously full of anger and hatred turned wide in disbelief, "you do it with so much passion and determination that I don't think anybody could match and that has earned you my respect." Still he was just staring at me and I felt a little bit uncomfortable but I kept going. "I only have one thing to ask: Smile a bit more, I'm sure people would rather look at you smiling." I said smiling my self. He then put both his hand on my shoulders and leaned in so that our faces were only inches apart.

"What the hell did you just say?"