Chapter 16 - Declarations Of War

'Goodbye (B/F/N). Wait for me.'

The words echoed in my head.

"(Y/N) are you okay? You're crying." said Ochaco. I put a hand up to my face and realised hot tears were dripping down my face. I abruptly stood up.

"Sorry, I'll be back in a sec." I said. I rushed off and as soon as I was alone in the hallway I broke into tears and my legs gave way. I had promised him/her that I wouldn't cry, that I would be strong and I would fulfil my dream of becoming a hero for both of us.

But I couldn't. All the bad memories just came flooding back in. I felt pathetic, curled up in a ball on the floor crying.

I had only told one person about (B/F/N): My homeroom teacher, Mr Aizawa, Eraserhead. It was hard to open up but he understood and said he would be there to erase my quirk if I lost control again.

Then a thought came to my head. What if Katsuki found out? Would he hate me? Would he think of me as a villain? I know we're soulmates but I've heard of soulmates that have broken up or gotten a divorce or even decided to peruse completely different people.

These thoughts swirled in my head and I was so caught up in my crying that I didn't notice a person approach me. I felt a pair of hands grab my own and my head shot up to meet a pair of crimson eyes.

"K-Katsuki?" I stuttered. I knew there was no point in trying to wipe my tears. He kneeled down in front of me and gripped my hands tighter.

"Just tell me who did thi-" I cut him off with my breaking voice.

"I did! It's my fault! It's all my fault!" I was pounding my fists on his chest. My punches were weak and my sobbing was slowly taking over me so he did all he could think of doing. I felt myself being moved and I was no longer sitting on the cold hard floor.

Katsuki had pulled me onto his lap and was now just holding me tightly. By now I had noticed that his personality and attitude changed a lot when it was just the two of us but I had never expected him to do anything like this, even if the halls were empty.

"I'm doing this only for you dumbass and I'm not gonna let you go until you've calmed down." He planted a kiss on my forehead which made me giggle a little. Who knew he could be so sweet? "There you are." he said with a faint smile. "The bell is about to go so we better head back to class, I don't want you to tell me what's wrong unless you want me to know."

"Really?" I looked into his eyes and he blushed a bit.

"Really."

<>-<>-<>

I told Katsuki to not worry about me and I went to the bathroom to just wash my face and clear my head. The afternoon classes we had went by so slowly, I just wanted to go home and sleep.

I could tell that Katsuki was worried about me. Every five minutes or so, he would turn around and look at me for a split second before turning around scoffing or blushing that I had caught him. Honestly though, it melted my heart to know that he cared about me so much even if he didn't show it that much.

It was the end of the day and Katsuki had decided he wanted to go home with me. We were just packing our things up when we heard a voice scream.

"Why the heck are you all here!?" I turned around to see that it was Ochaco. Not only that, there was a tonne of students blocking our way.

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" asked Iida.

"They're scouting out the competition idiots." said Katsuki calmly. "We're the class that survived a real villain attack." at this point I decided that I wasn't gonna save or calm his ass anymore. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like, now move it extras." AAAAAGGGHHHHH! Why can't this idiot just shut up!

"You can't walk around calling people extras just because you don't know who they are!" Shouted Iida while doing his hand movements.

"So this is class 1-A." a boy with purple hair emerged from the crowd and started monologuing about how we were delusional and had big egos. He then stated that lots of people wanted to be in the hero course and if they did well in the sports festival, they could be switched with people in our class. "Consider this a declaration of war."

Damn, where did this guy even come from, he's really intense. Then, him and Katsuki gave each other death glares before they were interrupted by a booming voice.

"HEY YOU!" we looked and saw another person. "I'M FROM CLASS 1-B NEXT DOOR TO YOU! WE HEARD YOU FOUGHT SOME VILLAINS AND I CAME TO SEE IF THAT WAS TRUE! BUT YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF BRATS WHO THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN US!" the guy screamed. Crap, everyone hates us now.

He kept on shouting at Katsuki but he just grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd to go home but stopped when Eijiro said something.

"Dude, where are you going? You gotta say something. It's your fault they're all hating on us Bakugo."

"These people don't matter." he said emotionless. "The only thing that's important is that I beat them." he turned to face me and gripped my hand tighter. "We're leaving." All he did was look straight forward and drag me off the school grounds.

We were now a way away from the school and he was still dragging me by my hand. I stopped.

"Hey, you know you can let go now." I said to him softly.

"Sorry." he mumbled and I choked. SORRY!?!?!? DID THIS BOY JUST SAY SORRY TO ME!?!?!? I chuckled nervously.

"Hey, what's wrong, you don't normally act like thi-" I was cut off when he pulled me into a hug. "Wha-"

"Just shut up a second." He said and I did what I was told except I wrapped my arms around him. "Seeing your stupid face cry... it hurt, more than I thought it could." This was the reason? he didn't like seeing me upset? "It hurt knowing that I maybe could've done something to stop you crying if I had just been there for you!" His voice was breaking and his whole body was shaking.

"Hey," I said quietly, "don't you dare think that." I cupped his face in my hands and pecked his lips. "You, Ochaco, everyone here at UA have given me more than enough happiness, you pulled me out of a dark time and I am so grateful." I kissed his forehead and I saw his lips curl into a faint smile. "You always look better when you smile. Come on, let's go home."

A/N: Aggghhh! Katsuki is so OOC. Sorry if there were any spelling/grammar errors. Next chapter on Wednesday. Author-chan out!