Chapter 21 - The Tournament - Part 1

Fumikage and I arrived to the arena where Cementos was creating the area to fight in. Up first was Izuku against the guy from class 1-C, Hitoshi Shinso.

We sat down next to each other and waited for the match to begin. Then we then heard Present Mic introduce them and they both stepped up into the arena. The rules were simple: immobilise your opponent or get them out of the restricted area.

The match began and Izuku started running towards him but then suddenly stopped. He slowly turned around and started walking towards the edge, it was like he was in a trance.

He was almost there but he somehow activated his quirk, breaking two of his fingers but he managed to stay inside. He charged at Shinso and managed to get a grip on him, he flipped him over his shoulder putting Shinso out of bounds.

<>-<>-<>

Izuku came and joined us all after visiting recovery girl, it was now time for Shoto and Hanta's match. It began immediately with Hanta wrapping Shoto in his tape, he aiming to get him out of bounds.

Before we all knew it, there was a huge structure of ice covering half of the entire stadium and Hanta was stuck in the middle of it. My breathing got a little heavy. Focus (Y/N), don't let the ice bring back memories. He was immobilised. Time for my match.

<>-<>-<>

I made my way up onto the arena with Present Mic introducing us. He introduced the girl as an assassin? She stopped him and stated some weird blullcrap about how she was an innocent student and not an assassin or what not. I just stood there with a wtf face until she finally got in position to fight.

"Begin!" shouted Present Mic. I immediately started charging towards her. Luckily I found out what her quirk was beforehand. She could extend the vines on her head and use them for whatever she wanted. She stood perfectly still and let her vines extend towards me. They were fast... but I was faster. I used bursts of water to make sharp turns here and there, dodging her attacks.

I eventually got up close to her and shot water into her face at high pressure making her stumble backwards. I gave her no time to recover. By grabbing her attached hair I flung her to the edge, her body rolling out of bounds. Present Mic announced that she was out of bounds and I walked up to her and offered her my hand.

"Thank's for giving me a good match." I said to her and she took my hand. This means that I'm going to be fighting either Tenya or Hatsume.

<>-<>-<>

Tenya and Hatsume stepped into the area. Wait, what is he wearing? Tenya said he was wearing equipment that Hatsume gave him. Midnight allowed it and the match began but we soon found out that Hatsume had just used this as an opportunity to showcase her items.

She continued to mess with him for the next 10 minutes before she stepped out of bounds. Guess this mean I'm against him next round.

<>-<>-<>

The next match was Mina against Yuga. The match began and Yuga tried to repeatedly hit her with his laser. Mina was too fast though and dodged all of his attacks. She finally got in close and hit his belt with her acid before finishing him off with an uppercut.

<>-<>-<>

"Good luck Fumi." I said to him. He was up against Momo and the match was about to begin.

The match started and he immediately called upon dark shadow who went straight for an attack. Momo created a shield to block him but dark shadow was too strong. He kept on landing hits on her and when it was announced that she was out of bounds her poor little face looked full of disappointment.

When he came back to the stands I congratulated him. "Well done!"

"Thank you (Y/N)." his expression then changed slightly. "Uhh, I think it'd be best I leave." he said and walked off.

"Okay! Well, see ya later!" I then felt someones eyes on me but when I turned around to look I saw no one. Huh, weird.

<>-<>-<>

The next match was Eiji against Tetsutetsu who's quirks are basically the same. I wonder how this will play out?

The match started and they were both landing really good punches on each other. But it looked like they were just mirroring one another. The fight dragged on for ages and it seemed like it was never going to end.

Then they both simultaneously landed a punch on each other, knocking them both out. Midnight declared it a draw and that the winner would be decided when they woke up with a single contest and they were both taken off the area.

It was almost time for Ochaco and Katsuki's match. I said good luck to Ochaco and then went to go find Katsuki. I found him in one of the waiting rooms stretching.

"Hey! Katsuki!" I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Good luck in the match." I smiled.

"Tch, whatever." he said and pushed me off. Is he okay? Did I do something?

"Hey, what's wrong?" I questioned him.

"Nothing's wrong with me, can't you just give me some personal space." His voice is angry. Why? Why would he speak to me like this?

"O-oh, okay." I said sadly and slightly confused. "I'll erm, see you later then." and left without another word.

I made my way back to the stands to watch the match and I sat down next to Fumikage. He asked me if I was okay and I just told him that I was fine. But in reality, all sorts of thoughts were running through my head.

The match began and Ochaco went charging towards Katsuki. He used an explosion and she used her jacket as a distraction to try and get him from behind but he was too quick. It just kept repeating itself: Ochaco running close to the ground and Katsuki using his explosions.

I think that it was all part of her big plan as I saw rubble collect above him. She released them and they all came crashing down on Katsuki. What we didn't expect though was for him to blow it all away in. One. Big. Explosion.

Ochaco fell to the ground in exhaustion and the match ended.

<>-<>-<>

I found Ochaco as soon as I could, she seemed completely fine and reasonably happy. I shrugged it off and gave her a warm hug. As I was leaving I bumped into Izuku in the doorway and wished him good luck for his next match.

I arrived at the stands were Katsuki was currently sitting in silence just staring at the center of the arena. He noticed my presence and turned around, only for him to glare at me as I sat down next to him. "Hey, well done in the match." I said smiling warmly, hoping that maybe he had calmed down after his fight.

"Whatever." he said and abruptly stood up and went off to sit next to Kaminari. I stared at him in complete shock. At this point I knew that it was me that was the problem. But I didn't know why.

Tell me, what is it I've done to upset you?

A/N: finally another chapter is published!  Excuse my spelling, grammar or if anything doesn't make sense. Next chapter will come out on Wednesday. Author-chan out!