Chapter 54 - Why I Love You

I trudged to school after my exhausting first day at my work study. I got back to the dorms so late the previous night that no one was awake and if it hadn't been for my alarm I never would've gotten up. My eyes were tired and I had to put a ridiculous amount of focus just to keep them open. My head was also down as I didn't want any attention on me. I slid open the class 1-A door.

"What's up with Bakugo? Was he fighting again?" I heard Mina's voice say. Fighting!? My head shot up to see Katsuki and his face was all roughed up.

I power walked towards him and threw my bag onto the floor and sat on the side of his desk

I power walked towards him and threw my bag onto the floor and sat on the side of his desk. I held his face in my hands and looked at him with an unimpressed expression.

"Did you really get into a fight?" I asked examining the plasters and grazes. He let out one of his angelic laughs.

"No, this was from the provisional license classes..."

"My poor baby! Your handsome face is no more!" I cried dramatically and Kyoka choked on her laugh. I looked up for a split second and I made eye contact with Shoto before I saw his face too.

"Not your beautiful face too, Shoto!" Shoto looked at me strangely

"Not your beautiful face too, Shoto!" Shoto looked at me strangely. I felt Katsuki place his hands on top of mine and take them off his face.

"All you need to know was that it was hell. How'd your work study go?"

"It was like a rollercoaster. Even though I already knew the guy, I was kinda nervous. Then when I arrived I was worried Izuku wasn't going to be accepted. Then it was funny to see how he was taken in even though he didn't pass the test. Then it was kinda scary though because we actually ran into the person we had to be suspicious about. Now I'm just relieved to be back in the classroom." I said.

<>-<>-<>

Throughout the day, I wasn't able to concentrate. My mind would keep drifting back to Eri. 'D... don't go...' . Her words played in my head all day. It was starting to affect my performance in lessons. I could see Izuku was having the same problems.

It's not good to keep going like this! Just calm down and think happy thoughts.

<>-<>-<>