Chapter 22 - The Tournament - Part 2

Shoto vs Izuku. Let's see what happens. Both of their quirks are powerful, so who will win?

The match began with an instant creation of ice charging at Izuku. To everyones shock, he deflected it with the flick of a single finger. This kept on repeating itself and Izuku was running out of options and nearly all the bones in both his arms were broken.

Izuku was reaching his limit but Shoto was too, he had frost all over his left side.

"IT'S YOURS! YOUR QUIRK NOT HIS!" screamed Izuku. This seemed to have sparked something in Shoto because there was suddenly a huge explosion of fire. They both charged at each other and Cementos and Midnight tried to stop any further damage but the force was too big.

There was a huge shockwave and I could barely see a thing with all the dust and smoke. When it finally cleared I could see Izuku had been thrown out of bounds and had collapsed to the ground. Shoto was declared the winner.

<>-<>-<>

Luckily Tenya and I had a short period of time before our match because the stage was so damaged. Him, Ochaco, Tsu, Minoru and I visited Izuku with Recovery girl.

We got to the room and when we entered, there was this skinny guy with blonde hair that we greeted. Unfortunately, Recovery Girl kicked us out because he needed to rest and we were all far too noisy.

<>-<>-<>

My match was about to begin. If I win, it means that I will be up against Shoto in the semifinals. I made sure to drink plenty of water before this match so that there was no possible chance for me to pass out. He's fast so I need to start as soon as possible with an attack.

"Begin!" My hands went up in front of me and I focused on doing a high pressure attack. I knew that it was best to keep my distance because if he got in close, he could easily over power me.

I kept shooting water at him over and over again but every time he would dodge. I see what he's trying to do. He knows that If I over use my quirk I will get dehydrated and dizzy. I could still go on longer though.

With all the water I had drunken and my endurance training I could still go one for quite sometime, but he didn't know that.

I pretended to feel light headed and I could see him smirk. He charged straight at me and grabbed my uniform and started dragging me at full speed to one of the edges of the stage.

I mustered up all of my energy and produced a small hemisphere shaped amount of ice to block one of his engines. (Sorry for stealing your move Shoto). Everything went in slow motion as I looked up at him.

"Did you really think I was done?" I smirked. All at once, I put boiling water on his arm making him drop me and because I had only blocked one of his engines he went flying out of control. He rolled very near to the edge but not far enough to be out.

He barely had time to look up when he was met with my water at full force. With one last push, I managed to shove him out of the stage.

"Iida is out! (L/N) wins the match!" Midnight called out. I walked towards him and helped him up.

"Sorry about burning your arm." I apologised. "No hard feelings?" I asked hopefully.

"None at all. It was my fault for underestimating you." he said bowing and I laughed.

"It's totally cool now come on let's go to recovery girl." Guess I'm up against Shoto next.

<>-<>-<>

I watched Fumikage's match against Mina. Mina panicked and carelessly threw acid at him desperately trying to do something. Dark shadow hit her and caught her off guard giving him the opportunity to push her out of bounds. I shouted from the stands.

"Well done Fumi!" He turned around and smiled at me.

<>-<>-<>

The final match of the second round was Eijiro and Katsuki. The match was long and drawn out. I mean, what would you expect from the ones who came first and second in the entrance exam.

Every explosion he made was blocked with Eiji's hardening. Each one of his explosions seemed to be even more aggressive than the last one. It looked like he was using the match to take his anger out on something.

Maybe that would explain his recent behaviour? He seemed more agitated and rude when I tried to talk to him. I wonder what's on his mind?

With one final explosion, Eijiro dropped to the ground.

"Kirishima has been knocked out! Bakugo is the winner!" announced Midnight.

"With that vicious kind of bombing, Bakugo advances to the next round!" said Present Mic. "Ladies and gentlemen, our final four!" a picture with all four of the semi-finalists showed up and the cheering in the crowd got even louder.

<>-<>-<>

"The first match of the semi-finals! From the hero course: (Y/F/N)! Versus, her classmate: Shoto Todoroki!" there was a two second silence. "Start!"

He started with his classic ice wall charging at me. I quickly dodged out of the way but not before another one was made with had me completely surrounded. One of them came straight towards me. I couldn't move.

Rigid . . . shards . . . of ice.

'(Y/N). . .'

His/Her voice echoed in my head. I just couldn't do it. Feeling the ice surround me I didn't say a word, I just closed my eyes and let it happen. My body felt cold and the ice felt like it was burning me. Only after a few seconds the pain was replaced with numbness.

"(L/N) has been immobilised! Todoroki Advances!"

Todoroki approached me and used his left side to melt the ice around me. My legs were still numb so my knees buckled but I was caught by a pair of strong arms. I looked up and saw it was Shoto. He helped me up and I quickly apologised before walking swiftly away but I felt a hand grab my arm.

"(L/N), if you don't mind me asking: What happened in the fight? You just froze up." (Pun not intended) he looked at me with curiosity. I wasn't ready to tell someone else.

"I'd rather not tell you. It's personal." I said coldly and brushed him off. (PUN NOT INTENDED)

I finally made it away from the crowd and that was when it all went downhill. I had been making so much progress with my feelings but after that, they all spilled out and I ended up crying in an empty corridor. I heard someone approach me and something wrapped around me lifting me off the ground.

"You shouldn't let your past get the better of you, I know what happened to you out there." I looked up to see who was talking.

"A-Aizawa Sensei, aren't you meant to be commentating with Present Mic?" I asked concerned that he was neglecting his duties. His scarf that had lifted me up loosened and slowly moved away.

"Your well being is more important." I looked up at him with an expression that was a mix between confusion and surprise. "You have a great deal of potential as a pro hero one day, but you can't be if every time you see ice like that you break down like this."

I looked down in disappointment. "I cannot make you control your emotions just like that, but what I can do is help you." he sighs. "You have to make most of the moves yourself though."

"T-Thank you." I whispered. I then did something that no one had ever dared to do. I hugged him. He visually tensed up and it was obvious that he didn't get hugs very often. "And I-I will." I said sniffling. I let go of him and he ruffled my hair.

"Go back to the stands, the rest of your class are probably wondering where you are." I nodded and ran off. I made it back just in time to see Katsuki and Fumikage's match start.

"And now Bakugo versus Tokoyamiii!!!"

A/N: Sorry that Mr Aizawa seemed a bit ooc and that this chapter is a bit late, I almost completely forgot about it.😂 Next chapter on Wednesday (if I remember) and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes or if anything didn't make sense. Author-chan out!