Chapter 53 - Eri

Today marks the beginning of my work study!

"Today we will be doing partols and surveillance." Sir said to us. "We'll split up into two teams. I'll be with Bubble Girl and Mirio, you're with (Y/N) and Midoriya."

"Surveillance?" whispered Izuku.

"Nighteye agency is currently working on a secret investigation." said Bubbles.

"Shie Hassaikai is a small organised crime syndicate." said Sir and he presented us a picture with a man wearing a mask that made him look like a toucan. "That's Kai Chisaki, as the young head of the group he's at second in command and he's been behaving strangely lately."

I picked up the picture and examined it. He looked to be in his mid twenties maybe. "That plague mask is his trade mark."

"Creepy." shuddered Izuku.

"Really? I thought it looked kinda cool." I mumbled. "Aside from that, I thought there wasn't much trouble with organised crime these days since the police know who they are and monitor their movement."

"It's been that way since the big groups broke up." said Bubble Girl. "But this Chisaki guy is starting to gather them together again, though we don't know why. The details are unclear but we do know he made contact with the league of villains recently." I saw Izuku's face flash a look of fear as he was probably remembering what they did.

"Ugh, not those crusty potatoes again." I said under my breath.

"Unfortunately we don't have solid proof linking him to anything criminal yet. Hassaikai operates in a legal grey area that's close to black." said Nighteye. "But we can't treat them like villains."

Mirio, Izuku and I all shared a glance. "Our objective is to tail them and find out what they're up to." He took the picture back from me. "Be careful not to let them suspect anything."

"Yes Sir!"

<>-<>-<>

"Hey look! Heroes!" a girl squealed when she saw us. "Those are from the UA sports festival!"

"This is kinda wierd people still remember us." I said.

"But you went out on patrol during your internship didn't you?" asked Mirio. "Though I don't blame you for being shaken after what went down. But don't worry, Sir and Bubble are the ones who are actually watching the target today so I can teach you both all about patrol duty!" he beamed.

 But don't worry, Sir and Bubble are the ones who are actually watching the target today so I can teach you both all about patrol duty!" he beamed