Chapter 38 - The Truth Comes Out

I felt myself re-gain cosciousness and so I opened my eyes. But I had to immediately close them due to the lights in the room blinding me.

I felt the bed I was lying in and I discovered tubes attached to my arms. I'm in a hospital. My mind drifted to try and remember how I got here and what happened.

"K-Katsuki." I muttered. "So it wasn't a nightmare, we . . . we really failed." Wait a sec. Oh no. They saw . . . they saw what my quirk did. This is bad. I'll undoubtedly have to answer questions about it.

I slowly tried opening my eyes again, succeeding this time, and looked at my surroundings. It just looked like an ordinary hospital. It was probably the closest one the the location of the training camp.

I then looked across the room and saw another bed with someone else in it. They had masses of bandages on their arms and very familliar fluffy, green, looking hair. Izuku. Just then, the door slid open to reveal Ochaco. Behind her was most of class 1-A.

"Oh (Y/N) you're awake." Ochaco came over to my bed and sat on the edge of it. "I'm glad you're okay, Deku's still out." she began to fidget with her hands and clothes. Suddenly Shoto spoke up.

"About what happened with-"

"My quirk?" I looked at him dead in the eye. "You want to know what happened don't you." he slowly nodded. "Ochaco, do you remember (B/F/N)?"

"Yeah, he/she was your best friend right?" she said.

"Yeah. Do you remember the day he/she died along with those two thugs?" I said looking down. "I-I erm."

"(Y/N) if you're not ready to tell them then you don't have to." said Fumikage putting a hand on my shoulder.

"No, I've learnt to trust people and if you and Katsuki know then it's only fair that everyone else does too." I let out a shaky breath.

"I was with him/her. The thugs pinned us to the ground but (B/F/N) wouldn't stop crying so they smashed his/her head into the ground until blood came pooring out." I gripped the sheets tighter and Ochaco put her hands on mine. "My emotions took over and the same thing happened. Shards of ice shot out of my body and impaled all three of them. I'm sorry you had to see that. I'm sorry I almost hurt you all. I'm sorry you had to find out like this."

I didn't dare look up. I didn't want to see my classmates expressions out of fear of what they might have thought. The next thing that happened was I felt I was being hugged. I opened my eyes to see Ochaco hugging me tightly.

"Don't you dare say sorry about anything. We all have our secrets, some worse than others." she let go of the hug and looked into my eyes. "We would never see you differently or be scared of you." She's right. What was I scared about? They're my friends. And true friends are ones that stick by your side despite all your bad.

"Thank you!" I cried out and hugged her tightly once again.

"I want a hug also!" cried Tsu and she crashed herself into us.

"Let me join!" said Mina.

"Me too!" yelled Eiji.

"Me three!" shouted Denki. Soon, almost the entire class was crushing me in hugs. I started crying but this time it was out of happiness. Realising that these people are my family and that they'd always stick by me was all I needed.

We spent the next few minutes talking when we then heard a noise come from Izuku and we looked to see him with his eyes open.

"Heyyy! Midoriya, good you're finally awake!" Denki exclaimed. "Did you see the news? Reporters are all over the school right now."

"I caused you both trouble, I'm sorry." said Fumi.

"Stop, you don't have to apologise." I spoke. "We basically did most of this to ourselves."

"Did every one from Class A come to visit?" asked Izuku in a weak tone. Tenya then told us that Kyoka and Toru were still out because of that poisonous gas and Momo had been hit in the head pretty hard and had only woken up yesterday.

"Only 15 of us for now." said Ochaco.

"Because Bakugo is gone-"

"They know Todoroki!" Mina said cutting him off. Then I remembered what happened more vividly.

--------------------

"KATSUKI!"

"Stay back, Deku . . . (Y/N)."

"N-no . . . NOOO!"

--------------------

I know that there will always be people beyond our reach but . . . but why did it have to be him of all people? Why? All of these thoughts were swarming through my head when suddenly Eijiro spoke up.

"Alright, then let's go get him." Everyone gave him questionable looks. "I was here yesterday too, and so was Todoroki. We were on our way to visit you guys when we saw All Might and some police officers talking to Yaoyorozu."

He then explained that he overheard her say that, with the help of Awase from class B, they were able to put a tracking device on one of the Nomu's.

"This means you're going to have Yaoyorozu make another receiver for you, doesn't it?" said Tenya.

"What if it does?" said Shoto. I saw Tenya grit his teeth and clench his fists.

"You should listen to what All Might said!" he yelled and everyone either flinched or jupmed back from the surprise. "We have to leave this to the professionals!" he kept on ranting and I felt like I was about to burst. "It's not the right time for us to get involved! Idiots!" OKAY I'VE HAD ENOU-

"Maybe! But all I know is that at camp, I couldn't do anything!" yelled Eijiro back. "I heard my friend was targeted and I just stood by! Helpless! So if I stand by and do nothing now, how am I supposed to call myself a hero or a man?!"

"Dude, calm down we're in a hospital." said Denki.

"Yeah, and what Iida said is true." said Tsu.

"All of you." I said sternly with my signature death glare. "Just listen to him for a minute, he knows what you are saying is right."

"Yeah, come on Midoriya, (Y/N). He's still within your reach." he stuck out his hand for us to join him metaphorically not physically because we were still in hospital beds.

"We can still save Bakugo."

A/N: YEET. See you next week. Author-chan out!