Chapter 1: It's like I'm Inside a Boring Documentary Movie

CHAPTER 1: It's like I'm inside a boring documentary movie

The local jail is the last thing I want to go but then here I am, sitting behind the bars for something stupid. I mean, this isn't my first time to be here and I don't miss this damn place not even a little bit.

I smelled my clothes. Jeez, I totally reek of alcohol and cigarettes. I couldn't even collect my memories on why I ended up here. I just know that I did something stupid but I can't recall why.

Joshua went inside the local jail. He looked so concern to see her old friend behind bars. We locked in each other's eyes until I looked away. I somehow felt embarrassed of what I did.

Joshua Miguel Espinosa will always be my life saver. He would do anything to save me from self-destruction. Even though he doesn't want to admit it, but I know he has feelings for me. I am very well aware.

"I'm here to bail Maria Lana Baldivia." Joshua said.

He talked to the police officer who caught me. They were talking for a solid ten minutes.

"Hey, you can go now." The police officer said. "That isn't locked." She chuckled.

"Really..." I scoffed. "You find this amusing?" I looked at the police office. She looked so amused. I can't believe that I am behind bars for five hours and it wasn't even locked.

"Let's go, Lana." Joshua said. I followed behind him.

"Hey..." I looked at Joshua. He really looked so pissed at me that it's making me feel bad for calling him at 6 am. He's the only person that I can rely on. "Thank you for bailing me."

"No more fights, okay?" Joshua said. He messed my already messy hair and I lightly punched his arm.

"Don't test me, Josh." I warned him but he just laughed at me.

Joshua and I went out from the horrible local jail and I saw Jay standing beside his old Honda car.

"I told you not to call Jay!" I told Joshua.

"I had to call her, Lana." Joshua calmly said. "He's your brother after all... Regardless of how reckless he can be."

Jay is my twin brother. We are both a disgrace in our family and I can never rely on him. He tends to tell my parents about all the stupid things I do thus getting me into trouble.

It brings joy to Jay's life that I get scolded for doing stupid things.

"Hey, sis." Jay grinned. "What did you do this time?"

"She punched a woman at a bar and to Lana's surprise, she owns the bar." Joshua said. I was flirting with a guy and I didn't know that he's married. His wife approached me and poured tequila all over my clothes before I can even explain. So, I punched her. I am not going down without a fight.

"Ooh... You're so violent, sister." Jay said.

"Are you going to tell mom about what I did, Jay?" I annoyingly said.

"I have more important things to do than tell mom about the stupid shit that you did." Jay crossed his arms. "We have to go to our grandma's house right now."

Right... I forgot about that.

Our grandma recently passed away and it's about damn time for our family to properly store her valuables. Our mom volunteered us to do it since we don't have things to do with our lives.

I mean, Jay is repeating his fourth year in college for the third time and I just recently got fired from my job.

"Our birth giver is expecting us to be at grandma's house at 7:30 am. So, we better go now." Jay said.