Chapter 34: The 15-year-old Lana Baldivia

Like hell I'd let Antonio meet (30-year-old) Lana so easily. 

***

Chapter 34: The 15-year-old Lana Baldivia

Antonio's POV

Somehow, I ended up in year 2009. There's probably a glitch on the controller and I don't even know how many tries I have to do before I can reach to the present time. I wanted to try again but I hesitated. This is a different decade wherein Lana is still a teenager. I wonder how different the 15-year-old Lana Baldivia is to the current one whom I fell in love with. A person can change in a span of years. I want to know the difference between her past and present self... I want to know this side of her.

I followed the Baldivia Siblings to school. Luckily, their school isn't that far from their home which means I can catch up on them. I decided to leave the Eco-bike at their garage. I'm certain no one will see it since their chaotic parents left the house too.

As they were about to reach the school gate, Lana paused.

"You go inside first, Jay." Lana said.

"Are you going to skip school again, sister?" He glared at her.

"No, dummy..." She's hissed. "I need to buy something at the convenience store."

"...and what would that be?" Jay crossed his arms. He looked quite suspicious towards his sister.

"I need to buy sanitary pads." She glared at him.

"Oh..." Jay's face turned bright red. "Yeah I'll head inside already."

"Damn right." Lana mumbled. As Jay left, Lana went inside the convenience store and I casually waited for her to come out. It seems like I'm a creepy adult waiting for high school students to prey on. I hope no one misunderstands it.

As Lana went out of the convenience store, I realized that she wasn't holding any sanitary pads but instead she's holding a pack of cigarettes. Is she forgetting that she's still too young to smoke?

She took out the lighter from her skirt's pocket and tried to light the cigarette but I intervened.

I grabbed her cigarettes and the annoyance in Lana's face is vivid.

"Aren't you too young for this?" I asked her.

"If it bothers you, look away." Lana attempted to retrieve her cigarettes from me but I raised my arm. She tried jumping but she's too short for my height.

"This isn't good for you." I said.

"Adults are such an eyesore." Lana mumbled. I tried to hide my amusement about her remark. She's oblivious that she'll be a troublesome of an adult.

"Don't you know that it'll ruin your lungs?"

"Yeah...yeah..." She shrugged. The school bell ringed and Lana started cussing about it. She hurriedly ran towards the school gate leaving and completely forgetting about her cigarettes.

I always know that Lana is quite a handful and yet her behavior a while ago still surprises me.

I decided to wait for Lana's classes to end. I don't have any other things to do in here so might as well just stay a little longer for her.

Lana finally went out from the school grounds and to my dismay; she's wrapped around a boy who probably haven't reached puberty yet. I wanted to be disappointed about her poor taste when it comes to boys but I remembered that this is the past. Lana's past and failed relationships will eventually lead her to me.

"So do you want to go to my place to study? My parents won't be home yet." He said.

"Yeah, right..." Lana scoffed. "I'm not dumb enough to believe that we're only going to study."