Chapter 3: What A Messed Up Family Tree We Got Here

From: Goyo, Ang Batang Heneral Movie (Goyo, The Young General)

***

CHAPTER 3: What a messed up family tree we got here

General Antonio Del Mundo barged in to my grandfather's study room without any hesitation. My grandfather looked surprised.

Antonio grabbed my hand and my grandfather glared at me like I'm in deep trouble. I think he's already aware that I did something stupid.

"This woman proudly said to me that I'm going to die. Is it true, Ernesto?" Antonio asked.

"What else did she say?" Grandpa annoyingly asked.

"She said that she wasn't from our era. What does that even mean?" Okay, maybe I spilled more than his heroic death. I panicked... So, I told him that I'm from the future. "You are my strategy consultant on winning this war and this woman claimed that I'm going to die?!"

Antonio let me go but I can still feel his tight grip warming up on my skin.

Grandpa looked at me in frustration. His attention then shifted to the furious general.

"General Del Mundo, let's talk in private." Grandpa said.

He slammed the door right in front of my face. I looked at Clara who was equally disappointed at me. Even at this era, I am a disappointment.

"You had one job, Lana." Clara slapped her forehead. I sheepishly smiled at her.

"I would really like to go home." I said.

"We both want you to go home too, Lana." Clara said. She left me alone as I rethink about what I did and say a while ago.

I sat at the edge of the stair as I patiently wait for my grandfather and Antonio to come out from his study room. It's been five hours already but they're still not coming out. I guess my grandfather is explaining a lot of things to him. I mean it's time travel... It's pretty hard to explain to a man who doesn't even know what that means.

Alas, Antonio went out from the study room. I stood up and we were locked in each other's eyes for a solid five seconds. He looked away first and I took a deep sigh. I took the courage to approach him.

"I don't want to talk to you." Antonio snapped.

"I'm sorry." I do feel bad.

"What do you get from telling me about my tragic death? Are you amused by it?" He annoyingly asked.

"No!" I shouted and Antonio looked surprised. "It's just, I really do admire you for being heroic and that's why I couldn't help but tell you about it but then I realized that I shouldn't have said it."

The deadly glare in Antonio's eyes slowly disappeared and his body started to relax. He looked so tense ever since he barged into the study room.

Maybe my admiration for his heroic act gave him an assurance that it's going to be okay? But I don't know... He is already aware about his tragic death.