Chapter 14: Harana Para Sa Dalaga

Hello, readers :)

I'd like to apologize for I will be traveling out of the country next week and I will most likely update it when I'm back. So, expect a new chapter around the 2nd or 3rd week of October.

***

CHAPTER 14: Harana para sa dalaga (serenade for the lady)

We did not waste time.

As the sun rises, I hurriedly went to the mall and bought an eco-bike. The sales lady gave me a weird look when I told her that I need five car batteries.

While I am doing the errands, I left Antonio and Joshua in charge of figuring out the right equation. Before applying it on the eco-bike, Joshua decided to make a prototype by trying all the equations with a remote control toy car.

When I told Antonio about the changes on the last page of the biography book, he realized that the men he left in 1898 are already looking for him. He was their general, their leader and without him, they are paralyzed.

As I bought all the stuff needed, I hurriedly went back home and to my surprise, Jay is around.

"What are you doing here, Jay?" I annoyingly asked him. I crossed my arms at him.

"Maybe you have forgotten it sister, but this is also my home." Jay spat. He continued to tinker with the toy car and he completely ignored me.

"I asked Jay for help, Lana." Joshua looked apologetically at me. He must have felt bad that he didn't ask me first if it's alright with me which of course, it isn't. "He has engineering skills and we need it."

I took a deep sigh. I have to set my anger aside because we don't need that kind of negativity here. We have to work together.

"Fine..." I hissed. "But I am not forgiving you yet, Jay!"

"It's fine by me, sis." He nonchalantly said.

Hours have passed by and we have failed on figuring out the right equation. We already destroy a lot of toy cars. Some exploded to our surprise and some didn't work at all. I had to put the fire extinguisher beside me just in case the toy car blows up.

"Man, I need a break." Jay stretched his arms and yawned. He really has the audacity to say that he needs a break after what he did to the previous time machine?!

"We wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for you." I said. Jay looked annoyed but he's trying his best not to be affected by the truth.

"We wouldn't be doing this if a little girl named Lana didn't tinker the time machine at grandpa's room." Jay said. We glared at one another as the tension between us get bigger every minute.

"Okay, maybe we do need a break." Joshua said. He inserted himself in between us. "After all, we did spend the whole day experimenting Jay's old toy cars."

"Even Joshua agreed that we need a break." Jay patted Joshua's back. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, Antonio agreed that we don't need a break and we should get back to work." I said. Antonio was minding his business but then I included him with my feud against my brother. "Am I right, Antonio?"

"Yeah, sure...?" Antonio sounded unsure but I consider it as a yes.

"Lana, we should not over-do it." Joshua said.

"Fine..." I hissed. Jay looked pleased as he stuck his tongue out at me like an immature person that he is.

"Anyways..." Jay shifted his focus to both Joshua and Antonio. "During the fire incident, I met a wonderful woman."