Chapter 17: Did You Just Googled That Quote?

CHAPTER 17: Did you just Googled that quote?

I checked the pages of the history book just to make sure that there are no other changes written on it. It's a relief to know that there are no other changes. Despite all the bullshit I've been through lately, I finally found the silver-lining. Joshua managed to figure out the right equation for the time machine.

I went out from the house where Joshua and Antonio are waiting for me. Joshua already put together the things needed for the demonstration.

The toy car has ten batteries attached on it and are 200% fully charged.

Joshua handed over his old watch to me and I stared at it blankly. What am I supposed to do with it?

"Isn't this broken?" I asked him.

"It's only old, Lana...not broken." He winked at me. "Now tell me, what time is it?"

"It's..." I looked at the watch. Huh, it is still working after all. "...3:15 PM."

"Okay..." Joshua snapped his fingers. "Remember the time, Lana."

"Okay?" I shrugged.

"Now for cautionary purposes, I need you guys to step back." Joshua said. We do it as we were told to do.

Joshua grabbed the remote controller and he was pressing some digits. The remote controller does not only have a joy stick on it but it also has a numeric keypad too.

The remote controller looks like a love child of a joy stick and a calculator. It honestly looked weird.

"So, what's with the numbers?" I asked Joshua. He just looked at me and grinned.

"You'll see..." Joshua said. He placed the toy car facing on to us and we're exactly 10 feet away from it.

I looked at Antonio who's unusually quiet. I know that he's having mixed feelings about it and I can't even assure him that it's going to be alright.

"Lana, what time is it now?" Joshua asked.

"It's..." I looked at the time again. "...3:20 PM."

"Remember the time too, okay?" Joshua said.

"You really are making me a time keeper, aren't you?" I said and Joshua chuckled.

"Alright..." Joshua clasped his hands together. "Let's get this thing going on, shall we?"

Without any hesitation, Joshua pressed the red button of the remote controller and the toy car was speeding towards us. It was an unusual speed for a toy car.

My eyes widened when I realized that with its speed, it's eventually hit us but to my surprise, the toy car disappeared when it's only inches away from us and it appeared again to its position which is 10 feet away from us.

My jaws dropped and Antonio looked at it in disbelief. Joshua seemed pleased with the demonstration.

"What the f just happened?" I asked Joshua who looked so proud at himself.

"Like I told you, I finally got the right equation." Joshua casually said. "Now, Lana...what time is it."

I looked at the time and to my surprise, its 3:15 PM!

"Why the hell is it 3:15 PM on your watch...?" I looked it in disbelief. Joshua showed me his phone and it has the exact time on his watch.

"The toy car time traveled, Lana." Joshua proudly said. "Remember when you told me about Jay's crazy theory about time travel? Well, he was right after all."