Chapter 24: Being A Traitor Is Hereditary

CHAPTER 24: Being a traitor is hereditary

I may have bad records when I was still a student and my parents' friends probably think of me that I'm the reason behind their children's bad behaviors when in fact, birds of the same feather flocks together.

I admit that I made a few mistakes in my life and I am never cautious of the outcome of my decisions but I was confident that despite my reckless behavior, I won't end up behind bars

But of course, the universe proved me wrong.

Currently, I am at the interrogation room. My hands are handcuffed on the table like as if I'm going to attempt to break free.

Nadia went inside the room with a smirk plastered on her face. She looked so proud of herself that she framed me and Jay for drug possession just so she can have the time machine for her own. Nadia sat across me and she placed all documents on the table including a journal notebook. If I weren't handcuffed right now, I have probably yanked her hair and dragged her ass out of here.

"Make yourself comfortable." Nadia said. Her attention was on my hands that are handcuffed on the table. "Of course you can't."

"You really are a bitch aren't you?" I harshly said.

"Indeed I am, Lana." She chuckled. "I guess you have so many unanswered questions that you're dying to know."

"You're quite right." I said. "But I am aware that being a traitor is hereditary in your family."

"Is it, Lana?" She raised her eyebrow at me.

"So you were really up to something didn't you?" I asked. I have always doubted her because I felt that she has an ulterior motive aside from seducing my brother.

"Allow me to explain you everything since I owe you that." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Wow, you're sincerity is very much appreciated." I sarcastically said.

"You don't need to worry about other people knowing about the time machine since no one is around behind the two way mirror." Nadia said. I looked at the two way mirror. I have watched a lot of police and crime movies that by now, I know its purpose.

"Are you just going to boost your ego all day long or are you going to tell me how the f/ck you found out about the time machine." I irritably said.

"You're quite entertaining, Lana." She chuckled. "But I will tell you now."

"Please do tell me, bitch." I harshly said.

"When I was still a student in the police academy, I studied a case about the disappearance of your grandfather, Juanito Baldivia." Nadia opened the documents and it was all about my grandfather including our family history. "It was one of the oddly and unsolved cases even up to this date."

"Are you obsessed with my grandfather, Nadia?" I asked her.

"Well, not at first." She admittedly said. "But then... I went to my great, great, great grandfather's rest house and I saw a picture of him with your grandfather."

Nadia showed me a picture of President Sarmionte. He was smiling beside my grandfather and they were in his study room. I'll assume that this was the day when I barged into his study room and interrupted their meeting.

"It bothered me that the man standing beside the president looked eerily familiar to your grandfather who disappeared in 1980." Nadia continued. "So, I did some research and I found out that your grandfather used to be a frustrated scientist."

"I'll give you credit that you did your research pretty well." I sighed.

"I'm flattered, Lana." She smiled. "Anyways, your grandmother reported that your grandfather went missing. Everyone thought that she went insane because she said the arcade machine ate your grandfather."