Epilogue: The General And His Lover

Epilogue: The General and His Lover

ELENA VIOLET BALDIVIA'S POV 

"Late aren't we, Ms. Baldivia?" She raised her eyebrow at me out of frustration. I was sitting across her and this isn't my first time to be in her office.

"This time, I was really trying my best to be early." I apologetically said. She wouldn't stop glaring at me.

"And why didn't you?" She asked while holding my school ID that she took from me when she found out I was running at the corridor because I was late for class.

"...well, I actually forgot to set my alarm." I scratched my head. I instantly fell asleep after watching anime that it didn't bother me that I actually have school the next day.

"Ugh, you really are your mother's daughter, aren't you?" She asked. My mother, Lana Baldivia was once a student in my school. Surprisingly, even though years have passed already, our school's disciplinarian hasn't retired yet despite her old age.

She holds a grudge toward my mother for her tardiness.

"I'm calling your parents about what to do with your actions, Ms. Baldivia." She said.

"I think my mother is already looking forward for your call." I said. She's actually updated about my tardiness because she has dealt with the school's disciplinarian before.

"Like mother like child indeed." She scoffed. "Now, off to your class."

***

A lot has been telling me that I am the exact replica of my mother including her actions but I beg to disagree. She told me stories about her rebel years and I wouldn't dare do those kinds of things that she has been through. I am only tardy and nothing else and besides, I actually have a good relationship with my family...it was something my mother worked hard for because she didn't experience it herself. Whenever someone tells me that I am my mother's daughter as a form of insult, I actually take it as a compliment.

As I went inside the classroom, everyone was applauding me but of course our History teacher isn't really glad that I arrived late to her class...again.

"Take a seat, Violet." Ms. Lorraine sighed. She continued talking about our national heroes and pretended that I didn't interrupt the class discussion.

I sat on my seat and luckily, Levi is sitting beside me.

"While you were at the disciplinarian's office, we were actually talking about you." Levi said. He's actually my best friend and we've been inseparable since preschool.

"What is so special about me that I have to be the main topic?" I annoyingly asked him.

"Hey, look at this." Levi showed me a sketch of a woman who resembles my mother during her prime years. "She looks like you, right?"

"Give me that." I grabbed his history book and I examined the woman's facial features. I looked at the year written below the sketch and it said that it was drawn during 1898. "Who's this woman?"

"Ah, she's the rumored lover of General Antonio Del Mundo." Levi said. "It was said that he disappeared for weeks before the Philippine Revolution and that he ran away with her."

There were rumors in 1898 that the general was fond of a young odd woman. She was usually wearing a skirt that was below the knee that was frown upon but eventually it became a trend towards other women. Nobody knows about her history but it became a talk of the town that when she disappeared, so does the general.

They said that she speaks with such a foul mouth.

"Isn't it weird that you resemble her? Well, except your eyes." Levi added.