Chapter 18: People Do Crazy Things When They're In Love

1K READERS!!! Thank you for all the support :'))

***
CHAPTER 18: People do crazy things when they're in love

What do I feel about you, Antonio? I feel happy that you're always beside me but it's a shallow answer.

Even though I don't want to admit it, I find it entertaining that you act like an old man despite your 'ripped' figure.

I like how you still believe in courtship and love in today's society even if your ways are different to ours.

You always look at me filled with admiration and every time I try to push you away, you still stay by my side.

What I'm trying to say, Antonio...

I love you.

I love you so much that it makes my heart ache that we can't be together

But I love you anyway.

Antonio was eagerly anticipating my answer. I wanted to say those three words to him but I got terrified. So, I said something else.

"The Eco-bike is fully charged." I said. I pointed at it to prove my statement.

I looked at Antonio and to my surprise, he doesn't look disappointed. Instead, he just smiled.

Maybe he already assumed that I will most likely dodge that answer like I usually do in the past.

"It seems like it." He muttered.

"I better wake Joshua up." I said. Joshua was exhausted today and I can't blame him. He did a lot of effort compared to us. So, he decided to take a nap at the study room.

I left Antonio and went to the study room to wake Joshua up but my surprise, he's already awake. He was reading something under the desk.

"What do you have there, Josh?" I asked. Joshua jumped when he noticed me standing near the door.

"Nothing..." He shrugged "You have nothing to worry about."

"Okay...?" I wasn't convinced but I have to deal with Joshua later because there are more important things that matter. "The Eco-bag is fully charged by the way."

"Well, that's good news." Joshua said. He really looked bothered.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. I am starting to worry about him. He isn't his usual self.

"Yeah... I'm fine." He muttered "So, are you ready to bring back Antonio to 1898?"

Joshua stood up from his seat and was about to exit the room but I blocked his way.

"What are you doing, Lana?" Joshua asked. I looked at him with a concerned look but it wasn't for him...it's for Antonio. "Don't you want him to go back to his time?"

"Of course I want to..." I shrugged. "But what if we accidentally travel him to another year? Or decade?"

"What are you trying to say?" Joshua's curiosity piqued at my concern towards Antonio.

"I think we should test it out first and we shouldn't let him do it yet."

"Don't tell me..." Joshua shook his head in disagreement. He already knows what I'm trying to imply and he's simply against it. "I'm not allowing it, Lana."

"I'll be fine..." I assured him. "I'll go to 1898 like a minute or two and then I'll come back." It's no biggie, right?

"Why don't you let me do it instead?" Joshua suggested.

"No!" I yelled at him which made him wonder why I'm against him testing it instead of me. "I mean... I've already been there... So, I know what I'm doing."