Chapter 35: It's The End Of Our Story

Ah, the final chapter is here and I don't know what to feel but thank you for the never ending support! thank you for reading til' the end. 

***

CHAPTER 35: IT'S THE END OF OUR STORY

Lana's POV

I used to frequently dream about Antonio.

I remembered dreaming having a family of my own with him. We were only a family of four but we were happy. It was a beautiful dream but I wanted to wake up from it because I know it'll only turn into a nightmare when I wake up.

When will I wake up from my dream right now?

I stared with a heavy heart at a man who claimed to be Antonio. I unconsciously pinched my cheeks in a hope that I'll finally wake up but to my relief, he's still here.

"You're hurting yourself, Lana." He softly said "I know that it's hard to believe but it's truly me."

His touch was comforting and as he placed my hand on his chest, I can feel his own heart beating.

"It took me a long while to reach you and I even took a detour but I'm finally here." He added.

Tears started to roll down on my cheeks again. Even though it's hard to believe, but it's really him...the man I mourned and loved for years.

I had plenty of regrets in the past and I couldn't help but feel guilty that I wasn't able to explain to Antonio about all the things I did for him. It broke me to pieces that I will never have the opportunity to apologize to him but now I can.

I finally can.

"Come here..." Antonio pulled me close to him. Our embrace is warm and gentle just the way I remembered it. "Let's be like this for a while."

"I owe you plenty of explanations." I cried.

"It's okay...I understand." Antonio gently caressed my behind. "I got to know a little bit of you in the past."

I pulled away and looked at him. I don't understand what he's talking about.

"What does that supposed to mean?"

Antonio looked at me and wiped away my tears. He then let out the warmest smile.

"I also have plenty things to tell you too." He stroked my hair and placed it strand behind my ear. "Are you hungry? I know a place."

***

Antonio took me to a burger place that I frequently hang out when I was still in high school. Whenever I don't feel like coming home yet, I end up going to this place instead.

Not much has changed since last time I came here but I know I made plenty of memories although there are some I can no longer recall.

"I'm surprised you know this place." I said.

"Well, I met this girl before." Antonio looked flustered as he reminisced the moment. I somehow felt jealous. Since when did he have the time to entertain girls that aren't me? It's probably the detour he was talking about.

I mourned for him and he had the audacity to meet with a girl? It's unacceptable and unfair.

"She was really cute." He added. I could no longer contain my jealousy. I decided to pinch him on his stomach. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Cute, huh...?" I scoffed. I crossed my arms and frowned at him. "I bet you had a blast with her."

"Of course I did." Antonio proudly said. At this point, he's already teasing me. He pointed out a specific table that was located nearby the window. "We sat there..."