Chapter 6: I'll See You In My History Book, General

CHAPTER 6: I'll see you in my history book, General

"Do you want to guess her name?" Antonio asked. He decided to take me to his favorite place tonight. It was still early in the evening and I don't mind doing rendezvous on this era.

"Is her name Maria?" I asked. His horse neighed. "I guessed it wrong then."

"Her name is Josefina." Antonio caressed the back of his horse and it stopped neighing. "I guess she doesn't like you that much."

"And you expected me to ride on her back?" I asked.

To my surprise, Antonio brought his horse and he wanted me to climb on Josefina even though I preferred walking.

"She doesn't hate you, Lana." Antonio assured me but I doubted it. He climbed on Josefina's back and he stretched his arm at me. "Come on."

"What if I fall?" I asked. I fear that I might get stomped by his horse. I don't want to leave this era with a horseshoe mark stamped on my face.

"I'll catch you." He said. I rolled my eyes at him. How can he catch me if he's riding on his horse's back? "Do you trust me?"

"Honestly, no." I said. I crossed my arms. I don't want to ride on Josefina's back.

"You're going to wake your grandpa up with all your complaints." He said. I looked at the window on grandpa's room. I don't want him to know that I am with Antonio.

Grandpa already warned me to stay away from Antonio but I couldn't do it.

Am I really risking the present time for a night with Antonio?

Maybe the present time won't change that much.

"Alright...." I grumbled.

Antonio and I rode on the back of his horse. I hugged his back in fear of falling down and getting stomped on. I got terrified at first but I eventually conquered it.

I can sense that Antonio is all tensed up. He took a deep breath. Am I affecting him?

Riding his horse felt like forever but in reality, it has only been ten minutes.

"We're almost there." He said. I sighed in relief. Antonio's horse kept on neighing at me. Josefina isn't a big fan of me. "Can you close your eyes?"

"Do I have to?" I complained.

"Come on now, Lana." He insisted.

"Fine..." I muttered.

I closed my eyes. The cold air touched my skin and I shivered. I heard the sound of crickets nearby and the sound of flowing water. Where are we anyway?

"Open your eyes, Lana."

I opened my eyes and I instantly fell in love with the place. It made sense that this is Antonio's favorite place in town.

He took me to a nearby river where fireflies are around.

The river is crystal clear to the point that I can see fishes swimming around.

The fireflies were flying around and it felt like Christmas came early for me. It was beautiful.

Despite the ongoing war, Antonio found a place to find peace and I'm glad he took me here.

"This place is beautiful." I said in awe.

"Yeah it is." I realized that Antonio was looking at me. I blushed when I realized that he wasn't talking about the place. He was talking about me.

The moon tonight is bright that it made me see Antonio's face clearly despite the lack of light. I smiled. I couldn't help but adore how good looking he can be.