Chapter 25: Nadia's Plan Is Simply Psychotic

Sorry for not updating any time sooner. My last update was almost a month ago. I was uninspired lately and it was hard to figure out how to finish this chapter but alas, I finally published it. Now, enjoy!

***

CHAPTER 25: Nadia's plan is simply psychotic

It feels like it was yesterday that I was sitting behind bars at our local jail for a petty reason. I remembered punching a woman at a bar which surprisingly, she's the owner. I've been going in and out at the local jail and it does not last for more than five hours, but my current experience set the standards too high.

I am at the city jail for almost 24 hours.

I didn't punch a woman this time nor did I kick a pervert guy's balls. I am stuck in this hell hole because a bitch named Nadia Sarmionte framed me for drug possession.

I was remembering my experiences at the local jail; it reminded me of a certain someone who has always been my constant when I'm stuck in this kind of situation...

My best friend...

Joshua Espinoza

He has always been the one scolding and bailing me out in situations like this. He acted as my guardian when no one else does but this time, it's different.

Joshua will no longer help me.

In times like this, I have become desperate. I had to call someone who can bail me out. I had to ask for help and to do that, I must lower my pride. I had to call my mother.

***

I am once again at the interrogation room and this time, I am with my mother. Every time I look at her, it becomes obvious on how stressed she is. It is not a mother's dream to see both of her children behind bars.

"I hired a lawyer and he'll be here any minute." Mom said.

"Thank you, mom..." I sighed in relief.

"I talked to Jay a while ago and he told me the both of you were framed by her girlfriend...is it true?" She said.

"Nadia...that bitch..." I said through gritted teeth. I despise that woman so much.

"What would be her motive for framing you and Jay?" She asked. I didn't say a single word for I am hesitant. As much as I want to tell her, I just can't. "You have to tell me, Lana."

"I don't know, Mom." I lied. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly. I can see the desperation in my mother's eyes and how her heart aches for her children.

"I...need to bail you and Jay out of here." Mom aggressively said. "And for me to do that, you have to tell me that truth..."

I looked at my mother who was sitting across me. She has always been estranged towards me and Jay. It hasn't seen the extent of her care towards us. Now that I have seen my mother sound desperate to get us the hell out of here made me realize that she does care in her own conventional way.

"Nadia want something from us and to make that possible, she must get rid of us first." I said.

"What...does she want? Money...? Jewelries...?" Mom's asked as her curiosity piqued.

"It's more valuable than that, Mom." I sighed. "It's something that even time can't replace it."

"Being vague won't help your case, Lana." Mom blandly said. "You know what; just tell me when you're ready."

I looked at her and I can see the desperation in her eyes that she wants to reach out to me. It has always been a struggle to me on sharing stories to her because we were both so distant to each other.