Chapter 21: We're Such An Emotional Sack Right Now

CHAPTER 21: We're such an emotional sack right now

I am nauseated from all the time traveling I've been through. Before I can even control myself, I vomited.

My senses came back and I realized that I am inside a moving vehicle. I looked outside the window and the moon is following the vehicle. It made me more nauseous.

"I think I'm going to-" Before I could finish the sentence, I vomited again.

Someone caressed my back as he gently caressed it with his hand.

"You'll be alright, Lana." He softly said. His voice was manly yet gentle. My vision slowly came back and I stared at him. It then hit me that the person who's comforting me right now is the same man I wanted to see.

"Antonio." I sighed in relief. "Am I in 2019?"

"Yes." He smiled. "You we're away for almost 24 hours."

"...I was?" I asked. It didn't really bother me that I was in 1898 for too long. "I passed out didn't I?"

Antonio didn't answer it but instead, he chuckled.

My cheeks started to turn red as I felt embarrassed that I passed out and not to mention that I also vomited while he's beside me.

"So...how's the Eco-bike? It's not broken, right?" I asked Joshua. I just wanted to make sure that it's alright because I hid the painting on its compartment.

Joshua was focused on the road since he was the one driving us home.

"Fortunately, the Eco-bike is still in perfect condition after traveling back and forth." Joshua said. He looked at me at the rear mirror. He seemed bothered and it's also bothering me that I don't know the reason why. "We recorded down the time you left and arrived."

He's been acting weird lately ever since I caught him reading something at the study room.

"You alright, Josh?" I asked him.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He coldly said.

"Nothing..." I muttered.

It felt awkward that Joshua is giving me a cold treatment. Did I do any wrong for him to treat me this way? I want to confront him but I can't do it now.

"Anyways, I'll be going somewhere this weekend." Joshua said. "Is it okay that we'll continue our time heist fiasco on Monday?"

"Yeah, we don't mind at all." I said. After all, we still have a week left before the Philippines Revolution and by that time, Antonio will be back on his own time.

"Good." He spat.

Antonio and I arrived home. Joshua decided to drop us off instead of staying with us. Apparently, he has some important things to do. I didn't bother asking him because he seems like he has a lot on his mind.

***

I stretched my arm and yawned. I just woke up from a 3-hour nap. I looked at my wall clock and it's twelve in the afternoon. I crawled out from my bed and I went out from my room. It's time for me to cook lunch for me and Antonio.

To my surprise, I caught Antonio busy cooking at the kitchen.

"Who taught you how to use the stove?" I asked Antonio and he jumped a bit. I sat on the counter top and I smelled his cooking. I must say, it smelled good.

"Try tasting it, Lana." I grabbed a spoon and I took a bite of Antonio's adobong manok (fried chicken).

"I'm impressed, Ton." I said. It actually tastes really good. "You should have cooked ages ago."