Chapter 28: A Dream That I Wished It Would Never End

CHAPTER 28: A dream that I wished it would never end

Nadia got arrested and she got the humiliation the she deserved. I guess it's safe to say that I'm the badder bitch than her.

I know that this just the beginning of our feud between us but I'll let my future self-worry about that. The important thing that matters right now is that she no longer has any idea about the time machine's existence.

Did I tell Jay that I'm actually from the future for him to be convinced that Nadia is a heart breaker and traitor? Of course, I told him the truth because he deserves to know but I only told him what he needed to hear.

I told my brother that Nadia has a crazy obsession about our family. She wasn't really interested at him alone. I admitted that she's been stalking not only Jay but also me and Joshua as well.

It made sense to Jay wants to know the details regarding the fire accident.

I didn't include telling him that I'm actually from the future and that my past self has no intention of talking to him ever again but you know...all is well because when I go back to my time, this will become my past.

Thus, I never got angry at Jay at all.

I also didn't tell him that he got locked up because of Nadia. I don't want him to be hysterical.

Now that I finally fixed my relationship with my brother and best friend, there's only one thing that I need to do.

It's time to go back to my own time where my reality is waiting.

***

Its quarter passed midnight and the noisy streets of Cebu City became eerily quiet. As most of the people are sleeping at this moment, my thoughts are running deep.

Joshua and I drove our way to SRP Coastal Road. It's the same location where we tested out the Eco-bike.

There's no perfect time to go back but tonight.

As we make our way towards the destination, reality finally hit me like shit. It made me realize than we I go back to the present, my past memories will become a dream. All of the events that happened that day after today will all be a dream.

A dream that I wished it would never end.

I won't have any memory of traveling back to 1898 again where I met the talented painter, Joseph and I got that opportunity to slap the first president.

I am the first ever 21st century woman to slap the first president.

I'll think of it as a hilarious dream that made me crack every time I think about it.

And as for my traumatizing experience at the city jail, I'll think of it as a nightmare where Nadia is the demon on my sleep paralysis. It'll be a nightmare that I will never think about it again.

As recalled my memories, I couldn't help but think about the time I spent with Antonio. It was a short memory but a memorable one. Every time I'm with him, it always make me feel like I'm at my happiest state but why do I feel like all of my memories shared with him is a sad dream? It is because I know how it'll end?

My memories with him are a dream that I wished I never dreamed of because I know I will be craving for more.

It saddens me that Antonio will have no memory of the events that happened after today but it's for the best. It'll be easier for him to let me go when there's no memory of us sharing laughs together and as well as adoring each other.

"Lana...?"

"Yeah, Josh...?" I snapped back from reality when he mentioned my name. I almost got drowned by my own thoughts.