Chapter 31: Now The Party Don't Start Till I Walk In

CHAPTER 31: Now the party don't stop till I walk in

A month ago, Jay and I decided to celebrate our 30th birthday with our closest friends. I suggested that we should all wine and dine at La Vie In The Sky since it has an overlooking view of Cebu City and he agreed to it. Now to my dismay, he didn't call in advance for a reservation and he dragged my ass to a night club...a freaking night club.

I was the only one who isn't ecstatic about it. Our friends are looking forward to get wasted and hook up with some random person.

If I had known that I'll end up celebrating my birthday at a club, I wouldn't have bought an expensive dress.

"Now that party don't start till I walk in." Jay confidently said.

"Did you just...quoted the lyrics of Ke$ha's TikTok?" I asked him.

"Hmm...probably." He hummed. "Now, sister...let's go and get wasted!"

Jay dragged me inside the club. It was crowded for a Thursday night. I noticed that there are plenty of underage teenagers who probably sneaked their way out of the house.

How the hell are they here? Don't they have class tomorrow? Oh well... I've done it before anyway.

"This place are meant for millennials, Jay!" I complained.

"Lana, you are a millennial." He glared at me. "So, act one!"

"Well I'm out of here." I wanted to leave but Jay has no intentions of letting me out of his sight. He wants me to enjoy the night life but I'm already fed up by it. I enjoyed my youth by partying all night long and now, I just want to binge watch Crash Landing On You.

Gosh... I sound so old.

"Hey, guys!" Joshua approached us. He apparently reserved a table for us. Who would have thought that he's in favor of this too? "Happy birthday to my favorite twins!"

We're all yelling at this point because the speakers are blasting too loud.

"It's good to see you, bro." Jay and Joshua did their secret handshake. It looked so lame honestly.

"Hey, Lana..." Joshua playfully messed up my hair. "We aren't getting any younger so might as well enjoy the night, right?"

I understand that he wants to release the stress he's been feeling because of his work but there's no need to include me.

"...right." I grunted.

Even though I was against partying, I ended up having fun and it reminded me how I used to be carefree. Who would have thought that a lot can change in five years?

We drank the most expensive shots that we can find on the menu because duh...we're adults and can afford it. We showed our moves on the dance floor even though the song is mellow because that's how wasted we are.

It was honestly a disaster because some of my friends vomited on a stranger and the other cried because she wants to drink more shots but unaware that she's holding one.

I think Jay went out after hooking up with a woman. I just hope he brought a condom with him or else I'll force him to take an HIV test which by the way, he already took it thrice after hooking up with random women in a month.

As for my dearest Joshua, he fell asleep on the table after drinking his third shots. It's ironic that he wants to enjoy and yet he's the first one to get wasted.

I didn't do anything stupid but I think I yelled a teenager for being here... I'm not certain though.

While Joshua is completely wasted, I borrowed his couple ring. I wore it the entire time because it's the most useful weapon to drive off men who clearly wants to hook up with me. With just a flash of the ring, they immediately distance themselves from me.