Chapter 10: Does The General Have Your Heart, Lana?

CHAPTER 10: Does the general have your heart, Lana?

"Damn it, sister! Wake up!" Jay yelled in my ears. My eyes are still shut and I still badly want to go back to sleep but he won't stop until I entertain him.

Yesterday has been eventful since Anthony saved me from a car accident but he ended up getting injured instead.

I haven't processed everything that had happened yesterday and I just want to get some more damn sleep but Jay is being an annoying prick.

I opened my eyes and I saw the sight of my brother frantically looking at me.

"What do you want?" I angrily asked.

"Will I be infertile? I electrocuted myself." He embarrassingly said.

"Did you tinker the time machine, didn't you?" I asked and he looked at me filled with regret. "How many times were you electrocuted, Jay?"

"I got electrocuted twice today... I think?" He sounded unsure. I pressed my forehead. This is already too much to process and it's still early in the morning.

"Why would you even do that...?" I scolded him. I can't believe that he managed to tinker the time machine behind my back.

"I had to do something while you talk to Joshua but to my dismay, he doesn't know yet about the time machine's existence." Jay said.

"Maybe you have forgotten already but Antonio got injured while we were on our way to his workplace." I said. I already told him about the accident last night but I think he didn't listen to me. "But I am going to meet Joshua later and while I'm away, please do not tinker the time machine."

"Fine..." He mumbled. "Now will I be infertile?"

"Aren't you infertile to begin with?" I raised my eyebrow at him and his eyes widened.

"How will I ever continue the Baldivia family name if I'm infertile?" He hysterically said and I just laughed at him. "You can't continue our bloodline too because you'll die an old maid."

"Hey!" I lightly slapped his arm and Jay stuck his tongue out. "That's so mean of you."

"You're not the only one that can be mean, Lana." He cockily said. "Eh... I'll probably fine. I only got electrocuted twice anyway."

"Well now that you're done being hysterical, can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"I don't know..." He touched his chin and pretended to think about my favor that I didn't say yet.

"It's about Anthony." I said. He's still sleeping soundly at the sofa thanks to the sedatives that I gave him for his wounds. "Can you give him a good time while I'm away?"

"Does the general have your heart, Lana?" He asked and I looked stunned by his question. Why would he suddenly ask me that? I am just concerned about it and it doesn't mean that he has my heart. That's so cheesy even for me.

"What... No... Why would you say that?" I stuttered and Jay doesn't look convinced.

"I never think of you as a caring person." He said. "I've known you my entire life and the Lana I know only cares about herself."

Does he really think of me that way? He really thinks of me as a self-centered person?

"Well I've matured!" I said. "Now can you please give him a good time? You can teach him how to play the Nintendo Switch."

"I'll show him how to swipe right on Tinder." Jay winked at me and I pinched his ear. "Ow! Lana!"

"Don't even bother teaching him how to use Tinder." I warned him.