Chapter 16: The Great and Judgmental Lana

I'm sorry if it took me a while to update. I had trouble with writer's block again.

***

CHAPTER 16: The great and judgmental Lana

On the last day of the Philippine Revolution, General Antonio Del Mundo won the battle against the Spaniards. He was grateful because after 333 years of Spanish colonization, the Filipinos finally have the freedom that they deserve but he was unaware that the greatest enemy isn't the Spaniards but his fellow Filipino.

The first president, Ronaldo Sarmionte killed him.

He wanted power even though our people only asked for were freedom.

And now, a family member of his is in my home.

***
I tried to act calm and civil despite the fact that I am horrified that Nadia Sarmionte is around. I wanted to act cool in front of her like I wasn't affected at all. I want to say something casual but instead, I said something else...

"You have got to be shitting me."

Nadia and Jay looked surprised but to be fair, they surprised me first.

"Please excuse my sister." Jay laughed nervously. "She isn't a morning person."

"It's...okay." Nadia sounded unsure. "Not all of us are a morning person."

I glared at Jay who seemed tense that I am around. He wouldn't even look at me in the eye.

"Can I borrow my brother for a moment, Nadia?" I said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, sure..." Nadia shrugged.

I dragged Jay's ass inside my room who looked terrified that I am pissed. He's fully aware that I am going to let out all of my frustrations at him.

"What the hell, Jay...?" I yelled which made him jumped a bit. "Did you know that she's a Sarmionte?"

"...yes." He sighed in defeat. My palms twitched and I feel like my veins in my forehead are about to pop due to my frustration. "Lana, she isn't like her family."

"Can you even hear yourself talking?!" I furiously said.

"You're being the great and judgmental Lana again!" Jay yelled back.

"...excuse me?!" I said. He regretted in an instant that he said the wrong words at me.

In every history books that I have read and studied, the Sarmiontes we're the greatest traitors. Not only did a Sarmionte kill Antonio, their family we're the number one supporters of late President Fernando Narcos during the martial law. Innocent lives were lost and yet they did not do a thing.

Even up to now, some of their family members are corrupt governor officials that may or may not be controlling the PNP (Philippine National Police)

How are the Filipinos still voting for them on every election? We'll never know the answer.

Jay may have called me out for being judgmental but you can't blame me for it because the Sarmiontes doesn't have a good record.

"You don't have to judge her because of her family, Lana." Jay reasoned out but I ignored it.

"You don't need to use all of your brain cells to realize that she's up to something." I said. It is obviously not a coincidence that she's here after getting curious about the fire accident. It's bullshit that she's suddenly interested at my brother after trying to interrogate him with answers that he already said.

"You're just overthinking it like you always do, Lana!" Jay said.

"Oh, I'm sorry that I am overthinking it again." I sarcastically said. "It's not like time is running out or something."